Is there a way to put Springer Basic into footnotes?

13»
  • @bwiernik Many thanks for the input. I could not find any guidance from Springer in this regard - I just assumed it had to be with a dot, but you might be right it is without.
  • Okay, without any guidance, I would assume it is without a dot.
  • I just updated my reference list/bibliography in the end of the article for a final update of the references and suddenly all the reference were no longer listed in alphabetical order. Is there a chance that this can be changed so they appear in alphabetical order? Many thanks in advance.
  • @damnation

The sort code should only have been removed from the citation, not the bibliography. This should go back into the bibliography:

<sort>
    <key macro="author"/>
    <key variable="author" sort="ascending"/>
    </sort>
  • About the parentheses/brackets: Zotero automatically converts inner parentheses into brackets and that is almost certainly correct. You should never nest parentheses.
  • The version here: https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/931ea07b4ac4d872141edde10376d309c2aced15/springer-basic-note.csl will now sort correctly again. We'll shortly add the changes to Zotero
  • Hey!
    To follow up, is it possible to make a citation appear in full the first time it is used in the document? Meaning that a book or an article would be cited in full in the first footnote where it is used.

Thank you!
  • Possible certainly -- that's e.g. what Chicago Manual of Style (full note) does. But converting Springer basic to that format is a good amount of work.