searching with the API

edited January 7, 2018
Can anyone point me to more detailed information about searching with the API than is in https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/web_api/v3/basics? I'm particularly looking for the "contains" operator, for the possible values for joinMode, and for wildcard searching.

And am I correct that there isn't a quick way to execute a Saved Search from its searchKey? I have to use <userOrGroupPrefix>/searches/<searchKey> to get the search criteria and convert them into the format the API call needs? It's that conversion I'm having trouble with. Thanks!
  • That's the API documentation — you can assume it reflects current functionality.

Saved search results aren't available via the API, and searching is currently limited to what's documented there.
  • (More advanced searching of the online library is planned, but no ETA.)
  • Is advanced searching or accessing search results in addition to the metadata still planned?

We are currently looking for a way to get something very similar to the “Recently Added Items” list of a group library.
  • edited March 23, 2022
    @dpo.bib: The group library uses the API. "Recently added" is just sorting by dateAdded. Post to zotero-dev if you have API questions that you can't figure out from the documentation.