Word-Accept Changes converts to Field code

Hello,

I've seen the message boards regarding turning off track changes when modifying/adding citations to a word document, but my in line citations are being converted to about 2-3 pages of code (and text from paragraphs in the citation itself) when I accept a group of changes that don't even involve the citation.

example: .... rRequired and one missed cleavages were allowed(14).

I would highlight the "rR" field and click "accept change". It will then convert the (14) to 2-3 pages of code. Am I missing a plugin/update or any advice. Thank you for any and all help!

Word 2013, windows 7..
  • Could you paste a short snippet of the code you're referring to. I'm not sure I fully understand.
  • Sure thing.

ADDIN ZOTERO_ITEM CSL_CITATION {"citationID":"1cvnre66kl","properties":{"formattedCitation":"{\\rtf \\super 31\\nosupersub{}}","plainCitation":"31"},"citationItems":[{"id":2660,"uris":["http://zotero.org/users/73273/items/DRPUJKIW"],"uri":["http://zotero.org/users/73273/items/DRPUJKIW"],"itemData":{"id":2660,"type":"article-journal","title.....

It goes on like this for 3 pages, and is happening every other time I accept a change. I found that I can save the document, close it, and reopen it to get have it go back to normal. But, obviously, that is quite annoying for 50 pages. Thanks for the reply though!
  • edited February 25, 2014
    what happens when you press alt+F9? This looks like something triggers field codes (the information Zotero embeds in a document to recognize citations) to be shown after accepting changes, alt+F9 should hide them.
  • yea, goes back if I leave off track changes in between. Thanks for the help.

Do you know if this is a bug with the word plugin that is being worked on? It seems like it must be based on some of the other forum discussions. Because even with the AltF9, it's quite annoying! I appreciate you getting back to me, thanks again.
  • what a disaster, and there is no going back (undo changes)!