Multiple issues with Zotero 5

Hello,
I've been a Zotero user for several years now and I'm experiencing a lot of different and troubling issues. The first one is that I can't seem to be able to import from PubMed anymore. When I click on the Zotero import icon, I have the message "an error occured while importing from PubMed" and then it imports the pubmed webpage with the search strategy not the references. Sometimes, It offers to download using doi, but not always and even more interesting, sometimes the references just pop in as usual as an addition to the search strategy.
The second issue is even more weird. When I look for duplicates, after a long wait, the list appears. When I select one item, the duplicate is not automatically higlighted, so I need to ctrl click to add it. When I click on merge, the first item still appears in the list and everything freezes for a few minutes. I basically cannot remove the duplicates because of the time issue. Everything I try to do is so slow, it's extremely problematic.
I completely reinstalled my Zotero and cleaned some of the voluminous groups that I was part of. It didn't help at all. I tried to verify the integrety of my database, but this function is not working (when I click nothing happens). I've made a few Debug and Repor IDs. I would really appreciate if you could have a look at that because, I simply can't work with it! Also, I would just like to point out that I teach Zotero at my institution and I'm not experiencing these problems with the other account I use to teach, so I don't think it's a firewall or security issue.
Debug D35568884, D611481874, D1441100614
Report 1540004837, 84701110, 480267507
Thank you

Philippe Dodin
  • We'd want to know for which particular problem the respective IDs are. They're much less helpful by themselves.
  • Oh, and check database integrity from the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences.
  • Good point. The first two debug and report are for the import from PubMed either by the Zotero icon or by import. The last ones are for the duplicates. The second ones also had a very frequent sync issue that I'm experiencing. Unfortunately, the database integrity check doesn't work at all. I click on it and nothing happens.
  • The database check can take a while if your library is large. Let it continue to run, then report back here if it returns an error.
  • @dstillman could you look at the debug? Wondering in particular if this might be the same as https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/294694/#Comment_294694
  • The problem I have with the database integrity check is that nothing happens, I don't even know if it's running or not. I click on it and there's just nothing. Is that normal ? Should there be a window, icon, symbol or something that opens ?
  • no, there's no status indicator, just wait for, say 5mins (shouldn't take longer).
  • Well, I've already waited 10 min., I'll restart and wait for more. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong. I'll post back when I have something.
    Thanks
  • edited December 5, 2017
    There appears to be a large sync operation going on while you're trying these things. While this shouldn't cause errors, obviously, you should wait until you're fully in sync and then try again, and provide additional Debug IDs without a sync running if necessary.
  • No errors where found in the integrity check