Missing One Zotero Icon

I've read a lot of stories about how refreshing Firefox can delete Zotero libraries because it seems to get confused. After I did my refresh I lost my Zotero extension so I downloaded a new one. I now have the Zotero Connector 5.0.17 using Firefox 55.0 (64-bit). The problem I have is that I can save to my library and it shows up on my standalone zotero, but I don't get to choose where to save these files because there is only the one icon, the one to "Save to Zotero". The other "Z" icon that open up your directory is missing. Any ideas on how to fix or if there has been another post that you can show me? I would greatly appreacite it!

Thanks in advance!
  • Same as always — it saves to the currently selected collection in Zotero. There's just now only a standalone version of Zotero.
  • Oh no! I didn't realize they were doing this! I really liked that feature. Thanks for your help! I was going crazy trying to figure this out. Sorry for the redundancy.
  • How does one save to Zotero now, with no Firefox toolbar icon?
    Where is the Zotero Connector available for download?
    It is not an available addon/extension under current Firefox 55.03 64 bit.

Using Zotero 5.017, Firefox 55.03 64 bit. Windows 8.1
  • Downloading the connector indeed put the Z Icon on the FF toolbar but when pressed said FF Standalone needed to be installed. Then Icon vanished. Now a page icon when pressed says Zotero disconnected. Reinstalled all items, browser, Zotero and Zotero Connect.

Going through the Stillman trouble shooting message - If Zotero is open but the Zotero Connector reports that Zotero is unavailable, something on your computer is preventing the connector from talking to Zotero. You can confirm this by loading http://127.0.0.1:23119/connector/ping in your browser when Zotero is open. - makes no sense because the problem Zotero won't open. We have no proxy server anyway. Error report ID 182136073.. Note that Zotero Connector has been added to the right click menu on FF page but only leads to Preferences and Error Report noted above. Blaming this on the local computer is not the answer.
  • I'm not clear if you have Zotero Standalone installed. It's a separate app, to be installed from zotero.org/download, that opens like any other app in your operating system. You need to launch it separately from your browser.

If you do have it installed, what do you mean exactly by "Zotero won't open"?
  • Standalone is installed and all are updated, FF, Zotero and Connector.
    I mean there is no 'Z' icon on the toolbar to save an item.
    Finally I got a 'page' icon up there and put the standalone 'Z' on the task bar below, so can open standalone from task bar, make or select a folder, then the 'page' icon above will save the item. Perhaps this is how it is supposed to work.
  • Finally I got a 'page' icon up there and put the standalone 'Z' on the task bar below, so can open standalone from task bar, make or select a folder, then the 'page' icon above will save the item. Perhaps this is how it is supposed to work.
    yup, like that exactly.