WebDAV Error: Please enter a WebDAV URL

I'm trying to sync my file attachments using WebDAV. I've entered a URL, my username, and my password and when I click to Verify Server, a popup box says, "Please enter a WebDAV URL." I'm not sure what the issue is, as I have entered a URL in the appropriate field.

In case it matters, I'm trying to set this up with Box using "dav.box.com/dav" in the URL field.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a Verify Server attempt?
  • I had the same issue. Ignore the message and click OK. Then, re-open settings and you'll see the WebDAV address and username in, but the password is now blank. Enter that, click the the "Verify Server" button, and everything should work!
  • Ah, it looks like there's an issue if you click "Verify Server" instead of pressing "Enter" after filling in the last field. We'll fix that.
  • Hi, the Debug ID is: D1437491350. Thanks!
  • If you just click on Verify Server twice, or press Enter in the text box instead, does this work, though?
  • Yes, I have gotten it to work by pressing enter. When I just opened it up and clicked on Verify Server, that worked as well. Thanks!
  • Thanks butsuriboy. I just had the same issue (trying to use 4shared.com). Saving and exiting preferences, reopening preference, re-entering password, and then verifying worked.
  • edited November 14, 2017
    This problem has still not been fixed, but I can confirm that typing the enter button works while clicking the 'verify server' button with your mouse does not work.

It then created a new link, closed out my preferences, then I had to open up preferences again, and hit the 'enter' button and it worked (I can't remember, but I think I may have clicking 'verify' by my mouse and it may have worked the second time).

Thanks for posting the solution here. I hope it is fixed soon.
  • Zotero 5.0.25 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, the problem is still not fixed. The workaround provided by @butsuriboy (thank you!) still works though.
  • Fixed for the next version. (Changes you made to a field weren't detected when clicking Verify Server directly, so you had to either press Enter or click on Verify Server a second time.)
  • Not fixed yet, or in the wild again! 5.0.60
  • This problem seems to be back again. I had to use the workaround described by butsuriboy.
  • I've fixed this for the next version (5.0.63). In the meantime, if you're on Windows or Linux, you can just enter the settings and reopen the window before verifying and it will work. (This didn't happen on macOS.)
  • @dstillman Seems like the issue is back again. I had the same problem today. I did follow the instructions of the workaround, but my WebDAV seems to have some more issues (sciebo).
  • Hi, found the problem today, the solutions above did not work for me.
    Report id> 942698452

FYI> I was not using the most recent version of zotero at first. After encountering the problem, I updated to the most recent.
    I also followed the steps for when changing from zotero storage to webdav, resting file sync history.

Still, it does not work.
  • Hello, I now have the opposite issue: Pressing the `enter` key after entering all the information results in "Please enter a WebDAV URL" and the settings dialogue closing and clearing the url/uname/password fields, but clicking on the "Verify Server" button worked.

Zotero v6.0.27 on Windows 11