"Style Request: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum"

2»
  • 1. I did check. It is set to single space with no space between paragraphs, and yet it putting lines between Author Date and Full citation and two before next citation.

Sample:

Baldini 1970

Umberto Baldini. L’opera completa dell’Angelico. Classici dell’arte. (Milan: Rizzoli, 1970).

Berenson 1896

Bernard Berenson. The Florentine Painters of the Renaissance with an Index to their Works. (New York and London: G. P. Putnam’s Sons, 1896).

2-3. Thanks.

4. LMK

5. Agosti is a Book. It has a Series Title and a Volume Number.

6. Exhibition Catalogues are Books (or Book Section) but need to have the Extra Field display Exh. cat. as described above

7. Titles of Books or Journals should display as Title Case when they are in English, sentence case when they are in foreign languages, just as it works in the Chicago Manual of Style format, on which Isabella Stewart Gardner is based.

8. Thanks

9. For a Journal Article there is a Series field. If it is filled, it should display as it does in the Chicago Manual of Style

Hope that clarifies and hope that you figured out the editor as author thing!

Thanks so much.
  • Noticed another issue. There should not be a period after the Book Title, so it goes directly from italicized Book Title to opening parentheses for publication info. Sample:

Anna Forlani Tempesti. The Robert Lehman Collection. Vol. 5: Italian Fifteenth- to Seventeenth-Century Drawings (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1991).

NOT

Anna Forlani Tempesti. The Robert Lehman Collection. Vol. 5: Italian Fifteenth- to Seventeenth-Century Drawings. (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1991).

Thanks
  • 4. editor not showing: should be fixed now.
    5. volumes/collection title: should be fixed.
    6. exh. cat: should be fixed now (item needs to be a book or chapter)
    7. title case set for journal, book and chapter titles.
    9. add the series bit
    10. dot after book titles: fixed

current version: https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/a4dab4f9a7021f0462696c7b6741c7f55976f2cf/isabella-stewart-gardner-museum.csl
  • edited August 16, 2017
    4. Editor is now showing correctly, though still with issue of returns and paragraph breaks being inserted after each line. Should display as below, with no space between Author Date and full citation, one line of space after before next entry.

Bellosi and Bellini 1978
    Luciano Bellosi and Fiora Bellini. I disegni antichi degli Uffizi: i tempi del Ghiberti (Florence: L.S. Olschki, 1978).

5a. Still having trouble with volumes, both for books and journal articles. With books, you got the capitalization, but please separate title of book and Vol. # with a period. Sample:

Van Marle 1928
    Raimond Van Marle. The Development of the Italian Schools of Painting Vol. 10. (The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff, 1928).

should be

Van Marle 1928
    Raimond Van Marle. The Development of the Italian Schools of Painting. Vol. 10. (The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff, 1928).

5b. Journal articles do not display ", Vol." unless the series field is filled in. Just goes straight from Publication to volume. Sample:

Dillian Gordon et al. “Fra Angelico’s Predella for the High Altarpiece of San Domenico, Fiesole.” National Gallery Technical Bulletin, Vol. 23 (2002), 4–19.

should be

Dillian Gordon et al. “Fra Angelico’s Predella for the High Altarpiece of San Domenico, Fiesole.” National Gallery Technical Bulletin 23 (2002), 4–19.

5c. Journal articles that have a series, need to display series followed by ", vol." and then volume. Note that in this case, because it follows a comma rather than a period, "vol." is lowercase. Sample:

Santagostino Barbone 1989
    Anna Santagostino Barbone. “Il Giudizio Universale del Beato Angelico per la chiesa del monastero camaldolese di S. Maria degli Angeli a Firenze.” Memorie domenicane, Vol. 20 (1989), 255–78.

should be:
    Santagostino Barbone 1989
    Anna Santagostino Barbone. “Il Giudizio Universale del Beato Angelico per la chiesa del monastero camaldolese di S. Maria degli Angeli a Firenze.” Memorie domenicane, n.s., vol. 20 (1989), 255–78.

6. Exh. cat. is displaying in the correct place but now there is an extra period and problem with spacing if the exh. cat. is a book section rather than a book. Should be space between editor's name and Exh. cat. and only one period after cat. Sample:

Melli 2009
    Lorenza Melli. “Fra’ Giovanni Angelico disegnatore.” Beato Angelico. L’alba del Rinascimento, eds. Alessandro Zuccari et al.Exh. cat. . (Milan: Skira, 2009), 63–70.

should be

Melli 2009
    Lorenza Melli. “Fra’ Giovanni Angelico disegnatore.” Beato Angelico. L’alba del Rinascimento, eds. Alessandro Zuccari et al. Exh. cat. (Milan: Skira, 2009), 63–70.

9. Books should have title display in italics and series title, if there is one, in Roman. Currently doing opposite. Also, there should be a period separating the book title and the series title, but nothing after the series title. Sample:

Luciano Bellosi and Fiora Bellini. I disegni antichi degli Uffizi: i tempi del Ghiberti. Gabinetto disegni e stampe degli Uffizi (Florence: L.S. Olschki, 1978).

In above example I disegni antichi degli Uffizi: i tempi del Ghiberti is the book title and should be in italics and closed with a period because, and only because, the series field is full.

Gabinetto disegni e stampe degli Uffizi is the series title and should be in roman, i.e. non-italic, font and should not have any punctuation between series title and opening parenthesis for the publication information.

10. New issue with books that have author and editor, both should display as it does in Chicago Manual of Style, on which this style is based. Sample:

Giorgio Vasari. Le vite de’ più eccellenti pittori, scultori ed architettori (Florence: G. C. Sansoni, 1878).

should be

Giorgio Vasari. Le vite de’ più eccellenti pittori, scultori ed architettori, ed. Giovanni Milanesi (Florence: G. C. Sansoni, 1878).

• edited August 16, 2017
    There are still too many returns between the entries. I've checked my font, paragraph, document, and style settings. I think it is coming from Zotero.

Ferri 1890

Pasquale Nerino Ferri. Catalogo riassuntivo della raccolta di disegni antichi e moderni posseduta dalla R. Galleria degli Uffizi di Firenze (Rome, 1890).

Forlani Tempesti 1991

Anna Forlani Tempesti. The Robert Lehman Collection. Vol. 5: Italian Fifteenth- to Seventeenth-Century Drawings (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1991).

should be

Ferri 1890
    Pasquale Nerino Ferri. Catalogo riassuntivo della raccolta di disegni antichi e moderni posseduta dalla R. Galleria degli Uffizi di Firenze (Rome, 1890).

Forlani Tempesti 1991

No blank line between Author Date and Full Citation; one blank line between entries.
  • (the available styling with line breaks is limited, so this may just not be possible to get quite right, though what I'd try is to set "display" only on one, the lower of the two groups)
  • 4. should be fixed
    5. better now?
    6. exh. cat: fixed
    9. I've removed the "n.s." again. Not sure what you want here. that's how I interpreted the instructions.

current version: https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/f7db4d72bdc3af7024bc11d9f3ced0cba043f75e/isabella-stewart-gardner-museum.csl

P.S.: Could you edit your posts rather than adding a new one? Makes it easier for me when doing the work for you.
  • Sorry, can you explain what you mean by edit my post?
  • when you hover over an old post of yours, you'll see a gear icon on the right. Click that and you can change that post rather than re-posting similar information every time. Does that make sense? (This is what damnation prefers to keep track of your comments, presumably since this is fairly complex; it's not what you should generally do on these forums, btw.)
  • I suppose it makes sense, though I don't know how you will know what is new, but I shall proceed. Also, I was told this was where we should have this discussion, so if it needs to move elsewhere, that is fine, just give me the instructions.
  • edited August 16, 2017
    Some of the problems are resolved, some new ones have cropped up. Let me know if you want me to communicate with @damnation by email or here, and how best to convey the information. Thanks.
  • what adam said. It's about your multiple post. the editing is very hard and if it's all in several posts, it's hard to track for me. as adam said, hover over one of your posts and you see a little settings while where you can edit it.
  • edited August 16, 2017
    Post from today at 10:47am has been edited with what still needs correction. I am sorry for the confusion. I did not understand what Adam meant by "edit" and I'm still not sure I have done it correctly. I hope so.

• Doesn't matter.
    Just tell me the problems that still exist.
  • edited August 23, 2017
    I did in the edited post, now from 7 days ago.