"Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 10f90bc9)"

2»
  • I am using the 1.5b2 release and have been having similar problems for the last week or so.
    Report ID: 595591263

Thanks in advance

Justin
  • jwhitneyjp: Use Reset to Server in the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • I'm getting the same problem and I can't restore to server because I'm trying to upload my data for the first time (Report ID 3e3dc394). I'm using FF 3.08 on Linux Mint 6 and Zotero 1.5b2. Is the basic issue that the upload server can't handle some characters? If so, could we have a list of the characters that aren't handled? Or, better, would it be possible to just filter out those characters on upload? Of course, I need the whole Unicode range since I work a lot with non-Roman character sets.

Thanks.
  • edited April 4, 2009
    I got the same error and submitted it via Report ID: 1500542860

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: c0ded21a)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[extra output removed - D.S.]
  • edited April 4, 2009
    I just noticed that the previous report said sync was already running. That was not the original error. I shut down and restarted firefox and replicated the original error. I have re-submitted this as Report ID: 657096402

[extra output removed - D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 13afb605)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • Peter: If possible, please send debug output for the entire sync attempt to support@zot...org, referencing this thread, and then use Reset to Server in the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • iscott: It's not a character set issue. Try again, and, if you're still having trouble, post another Report ID and let us know how many items you have in your database. (Select All, look in right column.)
  • I am afraid I have messed around so much with my zotero archive that the behavior has changed.

I had recently created two new collections, so I exported them and then deleted them so it was almost certainly something in those collections that was the problem.

I then re-imported the collections and syncing then worked so presumably the problem was with the initial storage. Many of the items were journal articles with their associated pdfs.
  • New install for new user of 1.5b2

Trying to sync to server for first time and get following error report

Report #8683560c

thanks
  • I just got this error for the first time (Report ID 1575018440), using Zotero standalone 3.0.8. Everything seemed fine yesterday. How can I resolve it? Thanks.
  • edited August 20, 2012
    cfscare: Please start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.