"Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 10f90bc9)"

My syncing has been working smoothly with 3.3, but after inputing over a hundred articles from proquest last night, I started getting this error.

The subject of this comment is the error that appears when I hover over the green sync arrow. I've also reported the error through preferences. The ID is 786770215.

Thanks!
  • Could you generate debug output for the sync attempt and e-mail it to support@zot....org? Thanks.
  • Ditto. Running sync version 3.5 here. I just entered a pair of NYTimes articles with a dozen or so tags each when it happened. I'll send along the debug output. Thanks Dan.
  • P.S. If it matters for anything, the report id in my case was 112fbd1b.
  • I have the same problem here. Report ID: 1604749481
    I'm running 3.5 on my work and home PCs (XP Pro at work/XP Home at home).
    If I try to sync from work I get the "Error processing uploaded data" message. From home I have no problem with synching but new references from work are not included.
  • Is anyone working on this? I am getting the same error it results in a different "Report ID:" each time, not sure what to make of it or where to resolve it?
  • Hi, I am also getting the message "Error processing uploaded data" with an error code a4a11d7f. I am using the latest version 1.5 - sync3.6
    Does anyone have an idea about how to fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Markus
  • We're working on a fix that should prevent this in the future, but, for now, the easiest way to fix it is to use Restore to Server in the Reset tab of the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • What when reset doesn't work? It just reproduces the error processing uploaded data in my case.
  • I have the same error "Error processing uploaded data" but only when I try to import and sync a bibtex bibliography generated with JabRef. How can I solve it?
  • Hi Dan, I just got this error too. 964631727
    Zotero 1.5a1.43026
    I've emailed the debug to support.
    Is there still no way round it other than uploading everything back to the server?

Regards,
    Jon.
  • edited February 6, 2009
    Hi Dan, I think it's occurred again. Report id. 995576895.
    I've sent the debug to support.
    Zotero 1.5a1.r4041.

Regards,
    Jon.

OK, finally tracked down the problem entry, modified it and it's all working again now.
  • I have the same problem. When I try to reset Zotere gives a message that I have to enter an username and password. But I have... already

Zotero 1.5-sync3.6
  • I seem to have had a similar problem. Report ID: 786229679
    Also, I cannot use the Reset to Server as it also presents an error.

thanks,

A_K
  • Same problems here. Can't sync and can't force sync via preferences (just keeps asking me for username and password). Looking forward to hearing about a fix.
  • Reset should work again in SP 3.7, now available.
  • edited February 12, 2009
    All of my problems with sync are gone in 3.7.
  • Correction: the reset problem was fixed, but I'm still having sync issues, now with Beta 1.
  • What is sp 3.7?
    I tried to reset, and all that has happened is that now my online library is empty, but I keep getting the same error messages.
  • I just installed 1.5 today, and whether I try regular sync or "reset" I get the error processing uploaded data message, only the Report ID number changes.
  • We need the Report ID in order to tell you what the problem is.
  • I'm having the same problem. report ID is f1b58292.

I'm using the latest beta (1.5b1). I installed it today on a fresh firefox profile that I created. I've added about a dozen references from various places. Reseting the server appears to have no effect; the profile online is blank but I still can't sync.

Please help! Thanks
  • The Report ID seems to change every time, this most recent time it was: b25c82c1. I haven't run it with debug output enabled, would this help?

Thanks, Jeff
  • Hi, I am still having this problem (see my post below dating from 05/01/200). I have generated and submitted an error message with the ID 1833708307. Hope you are able to fix this error soon. Thanks in advance, Markus
  • I have the same (?) problem. The error in the error report reads
    [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 3f177cfe)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "" data: no]"]

the corresponding error report number is 1897531256
    I have checked my tags, none of which are too long.
    I've tried the reset to server option which produced the same error.
    The only thing I can think of: I have some non-recognized signs (shown as ? in a black square) stemming from importing my data (umlauts and accents didn't work well in the import or export). Could that be an issue?
  • adam.smith: Should be fixed.
  • ooooh, so exciting, my sync worked - thanks Dan!
  • edited March 21, 2009
    Well, I'm still having this problem. Entered 300+ new articles today, now Zotero won't sync.

Edit: And I tried the reset server fix - wiped out everything on the server, but it still won't sync.

Using 1.5b2.
  • Finnarne: Report ID?
  • The most recent one is dd543226
  • Finnarne: OK, you should now get a more instructive error message, which should help you find the problematic field value and change it. (It was added by a translator that needs to be fixed.)
This discussion has been closed.