5.0 beta launching problem

Hi,

I am running the latest (I think) beta on Ubuntu and as of today, when I try to run Zotero I get the following error message:

There was an error starting Zotero.

Error: Could not open connection to /media/fheimburger/ZOTBASE/Zotero/zotero.sqlite: 2152857611
openConnection/</<@resource://gre/modules/Sqlite.jsm:927:16
From previous event:
Zotero.DBConnection.prototype._getConnectionAsync<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js:1180:28
From previous event:
Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.test@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js:107:9
_initDB<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:769:10
From previous event:
_initFull<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:465:15
From previous event:
this.init<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:394:11
From previous event:
ZoteroService@file:///opt/Zotero_linux-x86_64/components/zotero-service.js:343:4
XPCOMUtils__getFactory/factory.createInstance@resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm:387:19
@chrome://zotero/content/include.js:1:14

The only options are "quit" or "search for updates" (I did, there weren't any).
Is this something to do with file formats/drives under Linux? I would be grateful for any pointers.
  • We need to fix that error message, but that's actually a corrupted database. You should make a backup of the zotero.* files in your Zotero data directory and then try swapping in one of the automatic backups — named zotero.sqlite.bak or zotero.sqlite.1.bak — for zotero.sqlite.

Did anything happen recently that might have led to a corrupted database? Zotero crash, OS crash, unplugged drive, etc.?
  • Thanks Dan. It's a shared partition which I access both from Ubuntu and from Windows7 and that is probably where the problem comes from.
    I restarted under windows, the system disk scan found some errors on the shared partition and fixed them and now all is working again, both under Linux and Windows