Entering a Zotero citation causes Word to jump to a new location in the document

This just began happening:

Activating Zotero's "insert citation" function within Word results in the Word document jumping to a new location on screen, usually an earlier location where there is a Zotero citation. The location is frequently many (>20) pages away from the location where I've been working.

This seems to happen only when Word's Review mode is set to "Final and Show Markup"
  • edited April 6, 2016
    A similar bug was fixed a few versions ago. Can you check that your versions of Zotero and the Zotero Word plugins are up to date? Are you using Zotero for Firefox or Zotero Standalone?
  • My first response was to install (or reinstall, as I think they were already up-to-date) the current versions. This did not fix the problem, however.

I am using Zotero for Firefox and the Zotero Word plugin.
  • edited March 24, 2017
    I still have this problem. Is there a solution?
  • Can you reproduce this in a new document? Does the problem only manifest with "Final and Show Markup" mode?
  • Yes, the error seems only to appear in the "Final and Show Markup" mode.
  • Hi there,
    has someone come up with a solution to the problem? As @darick pointed out, the problem appears only in the "show markup" mode. In the past, I got used to it but working with rather large documents at the moment, it is kind of annoying and time consuming. So if there is any fix to it, I would really apprecitate it.
    bests