Zotero experienced an error updating your document

2»
  • perhaps the problem is in syncing, because some time ago I played with online database for zotero via ipod touch, but I removed all this and deactivated syncing zotero account
  • edited January 21, 2017
    when I use Alt+9 to see the source of the citation in Word I see some online account
    "http://zotero.org/users/XXXXX/items/YYYYY"

how to remove that?
  • I need help! SOS! Completely stuck...
  • edited January 19, 2017
    Given that this happens in a new document, I'm afraid there's nothing more we can tell you. It's something on your system outside of Zotero — nothing to do with Zotero settings, syncing, or anything remotely like that. You'll have to experiment, or try another user account, or try another computer.
  • Your best recourse would be to sync your Zotero account with another computer (and/or install Zotero on a separate user account on your computer) and try to update your document then. As dstillman says, the symptoms you've described indicate that it is a problem with your system, not with any of Zotero's settings.
  • edited January 21, 2017
    Many, Many, Thanks! I installed a new user account on Windows 8.1 and zotero works fine in Word 2013!
  • This is an old thread, but I had a very similar problem that got solved by turning off tracked changes in Word 2010 before attempting to Add/Edit a citation.