[5.0 Beta] Error Code 1248672873

File Sync Error, File is on Server but not on second PC
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produces this error?
  • Error occurred after entries were moved between collections. The entry was then deleted from the origin. This was no problem on the first computer. On the second computer, the attachments were missing. After deleting all entries and re-importing, there are no more errors. A user error ...

Another problem at the time, there are menu entries missing. Or they have no function. At this time, no sub-collections can be created.
  • edited February 27, 2017
    Moving items between collections within the same library has no effect on attachment files. It sounds like the file just hadn't synced, but we'd have had to debug the actual file sync error you were getting.

(And in general, we'd strongly discourage you from deleting all entries and reimporting as a troubleshooting step, and even more so for a beta version where the purpose is to identify bugs.)
    Another problem at the time, there are menu entries missing. Or they have no function. At this time, no sub-collections can be created.
    Not sure what you mean there. We'd need a precise description of the problem:

https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_steps_to_reproduce
  • Sorry, not all entries were deleted, only the entries where the attachments were missing. The entries were newly created locally and adjusted correctly in the course. The mistake was that they were moved between collections and then deleted in the original collection. User error I think.

If I go to a collection (library) and open the menu with the right mouse button missing entries in the menu. The attempt to create a subcollection fails, nothing happens. There is no error message.

Description
    Right-click My Library
    The menu opens, entries are missing (empty lines)
    The menu items are without function
  • The mistake was that they were moved between collections and then deleted in the original collection.
    That still wouldn't cause missing-file errors, which I thought is what you were reporting. If you drag an item from one collection to the other within the same library (not sure if that's what you mean, or if you're talking about two different libraries) the same item still exists in both. If you remove the item from one collection, it stays in the other. If you delete the item from one, it's deleted from the other, but then there wouldn't be an attachment to get the error about.
    If I go to a collection (library) and open the menu with the right mouse button missing entries in the menu.
    That definitely shouldn't happen. Can you reproduce this after a restart of Zotero too?
  • Not correctly described by me. The entries were transferred, also the entry for the file. When the file was called, this was not available. I can not reproduce it either.

The menu items are also missing after two or three updates in the last days on two computers. Restart does not help. I always had the hope that the next upfdate would help.
  • The menu items are also missing after two or three updates in the last days on two computers.
    What specific menu entries do you see?
  • empty
    line
    new libary
    new saved search...
    new subcollection
    renew feed
    line
    find duplicates
    entries without collection
    empty
    feed marked as reed
    change feed
    empty
    empty
    line
    empty
    empty
    Export libary
    empty
    Empty trash
    empty
  • And can you provide another Report ID after triggering that?
  • Sorry, triggering what?
  • After reproducing the problem.