Batch insert citations

Hi again. I'm trying to convert to Zotero from Endnote. In Endnote I usually control click to select a bunch of references, then in the Endnote toolbar in word choose "Insert selected citations". Is there an equivalent way to do this with Zotero? The closest I have is to use the classic insert citation dialog and choose multiple citations, this lets me see al my groups which is great, but I can only add multiple citations one by one. Is there a way I can can quickly select a bunch of references and insert them in one go?
  • Other question, is there a way to apply paragraph formatting to a bibliography? Eg. sometimes it helps to be able to set a hanging indent for references so that the second line onwards of a reference are indented. Endnote has a clumsy way of doing this but I can't seem to find a way in Zotero.
  • Oh, and what about line spacing - can I change line spacing for a bibliography?
  • No to batch inserting citations. Both hanging indent and line spacing can be edited in the citation style.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
    has general instructions. Easiest way is likely to use the linked visual editor. To get to the relevant settings, click on "Bibliography" on the left, then set haning-indent to true on the bottom right and play with the entry-spacing and line-spacing settings as needed.
  • OK, thanks. But I'm not clear - does the visual editor actually edit the style file as stored in the repository? I only really want to edit it locally for the paper, if I edit say line spacing on the ACS style, does it change the official ACS style?
  • no, of course we won't just let you edit official styles (there's a process to contribute, but every change is individually reviewed) -- you have to save & install the style (under "Style" at the top left)