Tags not moving between own and shared folders

Hi all,

I run Zotero Firefox and Standalone. I have my own library that I update and normally add tags to articles as routine.

I also run a shared folder for 2 friends and until today I was able to move between the folders with tags intact. But now I cannot. I'm really not sure what to do now.
  • At the bottom of the Preferences/General window is an option to include (or not) tags when copying items between group libraries. It should be checked.
  • I have exactly the same problem as @pauljee.
    The option including tags when copying items between libraries is checked it was checked BEFORE I tried to move items. But drag-and-drop items from a shared collection to a personal collection has made a lot of tags disappeared, which is a great problem.
    Curiously, some of tags still remain, but not all.
    Any idea ?
  • Only other reason this would happen is if the item was originally moved from the library _to_ the group.
  • Hi @adamsmith, thanks for your quick answer as usual.
    You mean
    1. A personal collection
    2. then items moved to a group
    3. Come back to the personal collection ?
  • yes, that's not possible (unless you previously delete the original item and empty the Zotero trash).
  • I'm having a similar issue. Moving items from a private Collection to a shared Subcollection does not preserve tags when using drag-and-drop. The option to include tags when copying items is checked in the Preferences/General window.
  • @nstclair: Most likely you already dragged the item previously before adding tags. Delete the item in the target library and drag again.

(A future version will make it easier to transfer changes between libraries.)