Standalone+Chrome = no icon in address bar for any site

It was working normally around 12:45 EST and as of 4p it's not working at all (not on Amazon, not on Google Scholar, not on Web of Science, nowhere). The normal paper, book, or folder icons that should be to the left of the star (favorites) icon in the address bar are not there.

I have
* reset the translators in Standalone
* uninstalled and reinstalled the Chrome add-in
* deleted the translators folder in my data directory
* restarted both Zotero and Chrome and my computer more than once

I have a silver Zotero button to the right of the address bar which gives me Options, Remove from Chrome, Manage Extensions, etc. On Amazon it also gives me a book icon (still not in the address bar) but when I click it I get an error message "An error occurred while saving this item. Check Known Translator Issues for more information. It also put the following in the connector errors section of Zotero Connector Preferences: [JavaScript Error: "Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'length' in null" {file: "chrome-extension://ekhagklcjbdpajgpjgmbionohlpdbjgc/zotero/utilities.js" line: 1042}]. I reported this under ReportID 2040136102

When on Google Scholar the silver icon to the right of the address bar gives me only the menu list.

I sent what I had in the error window from standalone in as report 1384666031

Any ideas?
Thanks