Report ID:1407855762 known translator issue

I'm having trouble saving a webpage/reference to Zotero when using safari and firefox. I get a "known translator issue" message on safari. Zotero standalone is open, and is recognised when i check the connector preferences. I can't seem to authorise using the zotero preferences (whilst on safari).

Any help gratefully received!!

Thanks

Report ID:1407855762
  • what's the URL you're trying to save from? Or are you saying this happens on all of them?

(The inability to authorize with the server from Safari is a known issue, but that shouldn't matter when you have Standalone open).
  • It's happening all all URLs. But this is the one I was trying most recently http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26756352

Thanks
  • Yes, that should certainly work.

And you're saying this happens from Firefox, too, correct?
    How about Firefox with Standalone closed? Same issue or does that work?
  • I'm having the same/similar issue in firefox and safari.

the mesage I get in firfox is:
    "Could not save item
    An error occurred hwile saving this item. Check troubleshooting translator issues for information"
  • OK, run through these as they apply https://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues I'd recommend doing this in Firefox <i>with Standalone closed</i> as that has the smallest number of moving parts where things could be going wrong.
  • So, a friend was having this same error:

"Could not save item. An error occurred while saving this item. Check troubleshooting translator issues for information"

This is on Mac El Capitan, Safari 9. This wasn't happening on Firefox. The translator was also SOMETIMES working properly (1/6 times), but 5/6 got the error. Her Zotero app was always open, so that wasn't the problem.

It DID seem to help a little when we cleared cache and cookies on safari, but the error still occurs occasionally. What else might be going on?
  • edited February 5, 2016
    pme5mv: Start a new thread and provide example URLs that are failing, as well as a Report ID.