More relevant results in Add Citation dialog

I think we can improve the results that are being displayed in the Add/Edit Citation dialog when one starts typing. Often I end up having to type out a good chunk of the title before the relevant result appears.

(1) Prioritize results that contain the string as entered (i.e. not split up by individual words), but perhaps allow omission of some skip words (the, of, a, etc.) with a small penalty.

(2) Prioritize matching in title and author. It seems that we currently prioritize matches in publication title. From my point of view, that's not as frequently used to search, but maybe I'm wrong.

(3) Display more recently imported results first. Frequently I want to cite a source that I added just a second ago.

Not sure how to combine these prioritizations properly and how to deal with keywords matching in multiple fields, but that can be worked out in due time.
  • Also, filter out the references from "My Library" or group library categories that are already listed under "Cited"
  • I'm fine with all of those.

It would also be nice to highlight the matching parts of search results.
    It seems that we currently prioritize matches in publication title.
    Are you sure we're doing that? I would be surprised.
  • Not really sure. Seems that way. Perhaps it's not intentional. I'll look more into this a bit later.