Search within notes

Hello,

I'm a new user and a newspaper reporter, and I'm falling in love with this add-on for its powerful organizational/database capabilities.

One thing I'd like to be able to do, however, is be able to search within notes.

For example, I've copied my contacts into "notes" within folders, but I can't do a "find" within the notes to jump to a certain word. Instead, I need to scroll through the note file.

In other words, there's a macro-search capability - I can find which note(s) mention John Doe. But I can't find John Doe without scrolling through the note file looking for it myself. It's not a HUGE problem, really, but it does cost me some time.

Would it be tough to make the notes micro-searchable with CTRL+F?
  • Right-click on the note and choose "Generate report from selected item," then use browser "find" function to search the note as you would any web page.
  • Are there any plans to implement a search-function for notes? erazlogo's suggestion of course works, but is rather clumsy. I often have long notes (reading notes for a whole book, e.g.) and being able to quickly find things within them would be helpful.

One slick way would be a highlighting function that would highlight search terms from the general search field within a note, or jump directly to the first instance of the search term when one clicks on the note. But Ctrl-F would be fine with me as well...
  • I'll add a request for this - for longer notes, it's somewhat frustrating to hit Ctrl-F and have nothing happen. It seems this should be something that is built in to the new rich text editor.
  • I know the last post was years ago, but has a search function within child notes been implemented, or is it on a list of things to do? It seems like a pretty basic functionality not to have.
  • +1 for the in-note search