SUDOC translator - place names

From some time now, the SUDOC translator has some problems with the fields "place" and "editor".

For example,
Pays : Suisse, Allemagne, Belgique
Editeur(s) : Bern ; Berlin ; Bruxelles [etc.] : P. Lang, cop. 2007
(from the page http://www.sudoc.abes.fr//DB=2.1/SET=6/TTL=1/SHW?FRST=1)
becomes in Zotero
Lieu : Bern, Suisse, Allemagne, Belgique
with no mention of editor

In other cases it gives, for example
Lieu : Paris (France)
which is of no use in my bibliography and which I have to delete manually.

This seems related to how the SUDOC enters its data, but do you think there is a way to fix this ?
  • Can you give a permalink (Identifiant pĂ©renne de la notice) to your example? (Sudoc seems to have a specific "psi:ZOTERO_COinS" node, @aurimasv : Do we take any/all info from there?)
  • Here it is : http://www.sudoc.fr/113796757
  • we do use the COinS from Sudoc and supplement it with data from the page.

Our regex-foo for that isn't working correctly here, mainly because of the semicolons separating multiple places of publication.
    I'll try taking a look tonight, though obviously if you want to have a go first, that's great.
  • In other cases it gives, for example
    Lieu : Paris (France)
    which is of no use in my bibliography and which I have to delete manually.
    It can be annoying indeed, but Zotero should nevertheless store the full place "Paris, France". It is more complete, it can be useful to disambiguate, etc. Of course, if most of your refs are from Paris, I agree that it's not useful at all.
    But you can use the Abbreviation Filter to replace "Paris, France" by "Paris" or to remove it completely from your citations and bibliographies. See these links : [1] and [2].
  • Thank you for your answers.
    @Gracile, I'm not so sure of the usefulness of the full place name, at least for a PhD-thesis, because in a specific field (e.g Classical Studies), it is quite obvious to the audience that Paris is in France, London in England, Leipzig in Germany, New-York in the USA, Rome in Italy, and so on. Maybe an extra field would be needed (country of publication) in Zotero to store this data ? I'll have a look at the Abbreviation Filter - thanks for the links.
  • but once you get to Durham and Cambridge it's not. That's where the convention comes from.