download & automated import not working

I use Zotero Standalone with Firefox, both latest versions. Since some time I can no longer automatically import a pdf file into Zotero when downloading. Before when downloading FF demanded me if I wanted to import the file into Zotero, but this useful functionality has gone.

Or is this a FF Zotero feature ?

TIA
ftr
  • yes, that's only for Zotero for Firefox.
  • I resorted to Zotero for FF as I had the impression that the extension got more and more slower.
    I have more than 3,300 entries, and often I have to wait say ten seconds to show the first Zotero Windows.
    When I search Zotero often shows a "Ne répond pas" i.e. Doesn't Answer error message.
    Is this standard behaviour ?
    - ftr
  • depends what you mean by "first Zotero Windows". The first time you open the Zotero pane after restarting Firefox could take about that long, yes--that's when Zotero fully starts up and loads your database. Subsequently, the same action will be instantaneous.

You shouldn't usually get "not responding" messages for a library of that size, though. What's your total number of items?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/item_count

If you're on Windows, you could also try closing the tag selector on the left, which especially on touchscreens can cause significant delays.
  • The total no of "documents" - I guess item translates into document in French - is slightly above 9,000.
    I work under Windows 7 prof. Though not using a touchscreen I shall try your hint.
    Thanks
  • Should there be any speed difference for an identical Zotero base between the standalone version and the FF extension ?
  • Marginally, if at all (if so, Standalone would be a little faster).
  • My zotero files are in a folder that is backuped by Dropbox. Can this be a reason for slow working ?
  • Not terribly likely, but possible. Is any other computer synced to that Dropbox folder?