Academia.edu translator

Hi
I did some search there is topic about collaborating with Academia but not translator issue.
I find it strange that zotero can't translate publication from academia?
the translator only grab it as webpage and didn't grab any meta info like author or the pdf file, or the abstract.
  • do you have an example of a page?
  • example:
    https://www.academia.edu/7484244/AN_ASYNCHRONOUS_SOFTWARE_INSPECTION_MODEL
  • this is the original, also UM.edu.my is not translated by zotero
    http://mjcs.fsktm.um.edu.my/detail.asp?AID=81
  • for academia.edu -- I do seem to remember this coming up and the big issue here is really the quality of metadata, which is really non-existent. You're likely better off downloading the PDF and using retrieve metadata than anything we could do.
  • Researchgate translator is working fine, but sometimes it download the pdf partially and wont open, you need to download it manually then replace the attached file.
  • Has there been any progress on a translator for Academia.edu? If not, I'll start working on one.
  • Update: I now have a working translator for Academia.edu books, book sections, journal articles, and conference papers that also downloads the pdf. I'll test it a bit more before submitting it.
  • @kmpenner That sounds incredibly useful. Looking forward to it!
  • @kmpenner Agreed this would be useful. Any updates on this translator?
  • @kmpenner Any news on the academia.edu translator? It would save so much time for so many people I think.
  • @ncserbest and @jiversen
    My translator for Academia.edu broke. I suspect Academia.edu changed their page format. So I took the opportunity to try an experiment:
    * I used Microsoft Edge to open an article's page on Academia.edu
    * I right-clicked and select View page source
    * I opened the Bing Chat sidebar and told it I wanted to create a Zotero translator for Academia.edu, and could it produce the JavaScript for a translator that would work for the page source in the current web page context. It did so successfully!