Error: You must place the cursor in a Zotero citation to edit it

Zotero Error Report ID: 295970624
I've installed, for the first time ever, the latest version of Zotero (2.0.9) and the latest version of the Zotero Word for Windows Plugin (3.ob1). I'm using Vista and Word 2003.
I create a new document and add a Zotero citation.
Then I click on "Zotero edit citation" in Word's menu bar.
A message box pops up saying: You must place the cursor in a Zotero citation to edit it"
I try placing the cursor in every possible part of the citation but the same message box pops up every time and I am unable to edit the citation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in anticipation of a response.
  • I've just search through the Forum answers for a second time and found a way to work around this problem.
    If you insert more than one citation in the document then Zotero allows you to edit citations.
    This work-around clears up the problem for me.
    Thanks to anyone who read this.
  • This was helpful. I'm using Turabian, Firefox 25.0.1, Zotero 4.0.16, and MS Word Plugin 3.1.14 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I added my second citation in my document and now can edit citations other than my first. My first citation, trying my cursor in both the citation as well as highlighting the footnote number, says, "You must place the cursor in a Zotero citation to edit it."

For me, the workaround above worked on everything but my first citation. Thanks 21firewire!