Retrieve Metadata Lmit

I know there is a way to retrieve Metadata from PDF via a search-engine query: http://www.zotero.org/support/retrieve_pdf_metadata

Unfortunately there seems to be a limit to the number of query's per day that is not mentioned in the documentation?

I have around 1600 PDF to import and with this limit it will take several weeks to complete...

I only have to do this once, but asap, so I can start using Zotero. Is there another way to import PDF including the citation?

EDIT: The hint I found about visiting google scholar manually and solving some captcha didn't work, when I do a manual search, there is no captcha.

EDIT: Manually deleting all cookies and restarting the Browser, then calling google scholar manually, then using the "get metadata" button worked.
  • This isn't working for me. Even after i fill in the captcha on google scholar, Zotero still says "query limit reached" after trying to retrieve data.
  • You'll need to wait longer.
  • It's been 12 hrs and I'm still receiving query limit reached. How long does it usually take to be able to retrieve metadata again? I can use google scholar without any problem. Have restarted the browser and computer several times. Deleted cookies, etc.
  • we don't know - 24hs seems to usually do it.
  • Thanks. 24hrs seemed to do it.
  • I can use google scholar without any problem
    Are you using Firefox or Zotero Standalone? It looks a bit strange that you could browse to Google Scholar, but not use the metadata retrieval function.
  • Zotero standalone. I agree that is strange.
  • Same problem for me... It's start to be really an annoying feature. Pity. No way to get the data retrieval.
  • edited June 16, 2014
    Enrico68: Not sure what you're referring to. This is an old thread. As far as we know, all lockout problems with Google Scholar were fixed a while ago. Make sure you're using the latest version of Zotero (currently 4.0.20).
  • I am using the latest version of zotoero and I can confirm that yesterday while I was downloading pdfs from google scholar appeared the captcha from google telling me that I reached the maximum limit...the impossibility to fetch any data.
  • Did you fill out the captcha? See https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/29354/2/query-limit-reached/#Item_33 for reporting these issues.