Database version issues / MLZ compatibility to Database version

2»
  • could you try this with reference marks instead of bookmarks?
  • Hello adamsmith,

I tried your suggestion of clicking Set Document Preference and then changing to reference marks and it worked, the bibliography appeared. When I tried to save it in Word (docx), I got a warning that some formatting would not work. I proceeded to save it in Word. Then when retrieving in Word, I noted that the footnotes disappeared, and its place, it said "{Citation}.

Then I tried it again - I pulled out the ODT file and then clicked Set Document Preference. And this is the message I got:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

'An error occurred communicating with Zotero:
    com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: End of content node doesn't have the proper start node
    at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.dispatch_call(Native Method)
    at com.sun.star.bridges.jni_uno.JNI_proxy.invoke(JNI_proxy.java:183)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy19.createTextCursorByRange(Unknown Source)
    at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.ReferenceMark.getReplacementCursor(ReferenceMark.java:410)
    at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.Document.convert(Document.java:365)
    at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommMessage.execute(CommMessage.java:133)
    at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommMessage.getBytes(CommMessage.java:40)
    at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommServer.run(CommServer.java:60)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
    ' when calling method: [zoteroIntegrationDocument::convert]

Then when I tried to do it a third time, when I click "Set Document Preferences", LibreOffice just shuts down.

Do you suggest that I go back to the previous version of LibreOffice before the version I updated with today?
  • As an update - I reinstalled LibreOffice - Version: 4.1.2.3. In LibreOffice, I opened the ODT file and the footnotes were fine. Then when I clicked "Insert Bibliography" this window popped up stating:

"Zotero integration (with red 'no entry' sign) - The version of the Zotero LibreOffice Integration component installed within LibreOffice, OpenOffice.org, or NeoOffice does not appear to match the version installed in Zotero Standalone or Firefox. Please ensure both components are up to date and try again." Then there is the OK button at the bottom.

I reinstalled LibreOffice but when going through the process again by clicking "Insert Bibliography", LibreOffice would just keep shutting down suddenly.

Just thought of mentioning this info on the pop-up window in case it may be helpful. Thank you.
  • I'd start by re-installing the LibreOffice plugin from the webpage.
  • Hello adamsmith,

Thanks for your reply - the "Insert Bibliography" function now works.

First, I went to citationstylist website to install MLZ [Ver. 4.0m406, 21 Oct 2013], which appears to have been updated today.

Then, I downloaded the Zotero plug-in for LibreOffice in the Zotero website (LibreOffice Plugin 3.5.8) but was having database version issues again so I just downloaded newest LibreOffice version Version: 4.1.2.3 directly from LibreOffice website (not Zotero website).

Thereafter, I went through the process and in the "Insert Bibliography" function, I chose Reference Marks as you suggested, instead of Book Marks when saving docx for Word and the Bibliography appeared.

Thanks a lot for your patience. It is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Josephine
  • note that you must save documents as .odt as long as you're using ReferenceMarks. You can convert to bookmarks (and then use .docx) at the end, though I'm pretty sure bookmarks don't work for footnoted styles.