Incomplete Import from RefMan (Endnote): Error in translate.js

Hi all!

when I try to import a endnote collection which was exported in Refman/RIS I get an error message.
Zotero 1.0.7 in FF3 (german localization)
The console says:

Fehler: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH) [nsIFileURL.file]" nsresult: "0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js :: anonymous :: line 1148" data: no]
Quelldatei: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js
Zeile: 899
One of the missing references is this one:
(There are german Umlauts and French apostrophes present...)

TY - THES
AU - Maurer, R.E.
PY - 2004
TI - Erstellung von Kluftmodellen und vergleichende hydraulische Modelle des geothermischen Reservoirs von Soultz-sous-Forêts
CY - Freiburg im Breisgau
PB - Albert-Ludwigs-Universität, Geologisches Institut
SP - 95
M2 - Diplomarbeit
N1 - Erstellung von Kluftmodellen und vergleichende hydraulische Modelle des geothermischen Reservoirs von Soultz-sous-Forêts
KW - Soultz-sous-Forets
model
geothermal modelling
Fracture Network
Fracture Model
FRACTure
FracSim
HEX-S-DOS
HEX-S-Gen
HEX-S-FGen
Kluftnetzwerk
Kluftsystem
N1 - kopiert, Standort bei Diplomarbeiten
ID - 1169
ER -
What can I help in resolving this issue?

I am testing Zotero for my company, looks like exactly what we need to replace Endnote.
But a Multi-User approach or at least a locking mechanism would be great.

Thx
Rudy
  • What can I help in resolving this issue?
    Narrow down the RIS file to a single record that reproduces the problem and post it here. (A missing record alone isn't enough, because it's likely not that record that's causing the problem.)

This error looks to be an issue with the import of linked files, so you probably want to look for a record with an L1 or similar field.
  • Thank you for your comments.
    I will take a closer look to the ris-file

The mentioned linked files raise another question:
    When there is a linked file i.e. pdf on a networked filesystem (win$$-share with drive letter an file://-URL) will this file be copied to my zotero-storage-path?
    So by importing the endnote-database will i duplicate these files?

Thanks a lot!

Rudy