Cannot sync

Dear support staff,
I am on windows 7/8 with firefox latest version and zotero 4, and am having trouble syncing. The arrow just spins forever. At present I have a backup of my 'storage' directory and sqlite file, and only have a very small library I want to keep (It was huge with loads of pdfs but I am no longer going to bother keeping pdfs on the server as I don't need to access them remotely).

I would like just to wipe the server, and upload my small library and have tried doing this several times using the 'restore to zotero server' option but no joy. I was naughty and created a new account to test my net connection, which synced fine until I tried to login with my old details. The arrow now just spins forever again.
All help appreciated.
Regards
Jon
  • Same problem as Jon. Help appreciated.
    Thanks, Rafael
  • We are a group of collegues with a large group library but with only a few changes. Since today morning (4 hours ago) we ALL are unable to finish syncing (endless spinning arrow).
  • edited June 3, 2013
    Ah, I wonder if it is a server problem then. I have tried wiping my library completely, and after resetting file sync history, and then resetting and choosing to 'restore from the (empty) server' I can sync within a few seconds. However if I add even one citation from pubmed onto my local machine, it will not sync and just spins endlessly again.
  • Hello,

I suspect I have the same problem, syncing stopped working this morning.
    From the zotero debug logging:

(3)(+0000000): Associated libraries are locked -- waiting 70000ms before next check
    (3)(+0070000): ===>false<===(boolean)
    (3)(+0000001): Notifier.trigger('redraw', 'collection', []) called [observers: 7]
    (3)(+0000381): <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <response version="9" timestamp="1370255964"><locked wait="70000"/></response>
    (3)(+0000000): Associated libraries are locked -- waiting 70000ms before next check

etcetera, repeating endlessly.
    Can anyone confirm this?
  • Hello all,

I'm having the exact same problem for the last several hours, syncing doesn't work, the arrow keeps spinning forever.

Debug log gives me the same errors as paulvdh, and the "Associated libraries are locked" message keeps repeating itself with ever increasing times: 5000ms, 25000ms, 40000ms, etc.

Definitely seems to be a server problem, which I hope will be addressed soon (it's morning now in the east coast, right?).

Regards from Greece,

Theodore Lytras
  • There was indeed a server problem, which is now resolved. If you have a queued sync, it should finish within the next hour. I'll post here once the queue is empty.

Sorry for the trouble.
  • All the queued syncs have now finished.
  • Actually, that was the upload queue only. There are still some queued downloads, so if your Zotero says "Getting updated data from sync server" you'll need to wait a bit longer.
  • Same problem as johnboy99. The problem is still present.
  • lazaristvan: See my previous message.
  • Working here for me now, thanks.
  • Works for me as well now, thanks.