Comments on 2 PCs + Android Tablet Zotero workflow?

2»
  • @AussieExpat, please take a look at http://www.zotero.org/support/forum_guidelines#be_civil . Also take into account that Zandy is not an official Zotero product, and that you're on a free forum with free support (and, believe it or not, it seems that people have actually given you some thoughtful answers, even if you might not agree with them).
  • I don't know if this will do much good, since you seem more intent on yelling at than listening to people, but my comment about "more powerful" was referring to the mobile version of zotero.org - which has nothing to do with Zandy. The bookmarklet, too, doesn't require Zandy at all. So if you're interested in getting something work for you, maybe ask some questions and it's likely we can figure out something that will work well for you. If you're just interested in venting, please go away.
  • edited January 29, 2013
    For what its worth, a couple of months ago someone gave me his well-used Android 2.3 device so I could use it to assess the appearance of my website on that device family. Out of curiosity, I installed Zandy. Zandy works. I can't endorse Zandy because I don't use Android enough and when I do I rarely access my Zotero work from that platform. I can, however, say that Zandy does what it was advertised to do.
  • I'm sorry to hear that Zandy is causing so much grief for some of you. I have been overly slow in issuing refunds in some cases, so please let me know if you are still waiting. As for the functionality of Zandy, I have learned a lot about Android development in the past year or so since starting this, my first real effort to work on the platform, and the Zotero API has substantially progressed, to the point where there are much more efficient ways for the app to communicate with the Zotero servers. As far as I can tell, the app is working for most users, with some glitches, but working. I've used it on 2.1, 2.3 and 4.x devices without any issues.

In light of my slow progress in improving the app, I've reduced the price to $1.99, and the app remains entirely open source, so that anyone with a bit of Android know-how could distribute their own APK for free (or even for charge).
  • I just went ahead and tested it on Android 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 devices, and Zandy worked on all of them. I just released version 1.3.7, which brings just a couple of small bugfixes, but please do try it and post to the forum if it doesn't address your issues.
  • Have tested out the update, and it seems to at least let me log in to Zotero, to access my library, so despite some making critical comments of my "older" phone (purchased just before Xmas sales -- when will I learn?!), it wasn't the phone. Will post back if I have any problems, and please don't say that it's a free forum with free support -- it's a commercial concern -- storage is for sale, and that's what people try to sell, just a different business model.
  • please don't say that it's a free forum with free support
    OK, it's not. For you anymore, that is.