[Fixed] Mac Office 2011 Service Pack 2 Update: Zotero scripts not available

I upgraded Office 2011 with Service Pack 2 and now Zotero integration does not work. Installed word integration and said it was successful but nothing show up in the menu. Any suggestions?
  • Does the toolbar work?
  • edited April 13, 2012
    Okay, so it looks like Microsoft has decided to move the Word Script Menu Items directory from Documents/Microsoft User Data/Word Script Menu items to Library/Application Support/Office/Word Script Menu Items, without moving existing items or documenting the change. We'll update our installer to install there.

For now, the toolbar (which should be enabled upon installation, but you can also enable by selecting View->Toolbars->Zotero Bibliographic Management) should work fine. You can also copy the scripts from the old Word Script Menu Items folder to the new one if for some reason you prefer the script menu.
  • Copying the Zotero script directory worked well for me. The path to the new directory was slightly different for me than the one listed above. Mine was:

Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Word Script Menu Items
  • This is now fixed in version 3.5.3 of the Word plugin.
  • Thanks for the help! Sadly, I can't find either of those folder to install the script, but the toolbar is working just fine. Did find the Application Support --> Microsoft folder, but there is no Office folder or Word Script folder. The Documents/Microsoft User Data/Word Script Menu items to Library/Application Support/Office/Word Script Menu Items is still there and the Sample Automator Workflows and Zotero folder are both there, but only the former shows up in the script menu.

Anyways, toolbar works just fine. Maybe the script menu will work again at some point. Thanks!!
  • I found the folder (hidden) and copied the Zotero script folder to the new location. Script menu works fine now in Word. Thanks!!
  • I have just installed Office 2011 for MAC and have the same problems but find nothing in above that I recognise. I am using the stand alone Zotero but there is no word integration. Can someone help? There is nothing in view toolbars, there is nothing in Word Menu Scripts except some sample automation things... Toolbar at top nothing. I am dong a lot of writing so could really use some help thanks
  • Hi Stan,

did you try to click with the right mouse on the symbol-list/toolbar (with the NewDocument, Print, Copy etc... Buttons) then you should see five options and if you go to the middle-option there should be another four options. the last one will be Zotero.

another try: in the menu of word (so where word...view...format...extras...window...help is located) the menu before help should be the AppleScript-Symbol. Clicking on this should give you access to the Zotero-Options too...

I'm using Word 14.2.3 with Zotero 3.0.8

waiting for your feedback…
  • I did not have SP 2 installed, even though I downloaded it today (the joys of MS!). I am doing that now but in 14.2 I don't see a list / toolbar as you describe it with four options. The second option, word view ... I see the symbol that I have always used but there is no Zotero - all I get is sample automator work flows adn about this menu. So I am really stuck
  • c'on Sir, you will do this!
    did you start a second installation of the word-plugin from Zotero preference-menu?
  • AHA! The missing element was to reinstall the word plugin from Zotero preference menu? That did it. Thanks a bunch, anxiety release!! The obvious mistake
  • :-) glad to help…
    and thanks for improving my english while learning new words :-D

nice day/evening to you Sir!
  • Thanks to you. Yes it is evening in the UK where I am.