serialized article -- best practices?

Serialized articles in journals, magazines and newspapers are difficult to record in any reference manager and probably no solution has been found. I have not found any mention of this searching the Forum and Docs -- but I would be interested to know how others deal with such cases as:
Mary E. D'Imperio, "The Voynich Manuscript: A Scholarly Mystery," Manuscripts 29:2 (Spring 1977), pp. 85-93; 29:3 (Summer 1977), pp. 161-173; 30:1 (Winter 1978), pp. 34-48.
I decided to enter series of data separated by semicolon into respective fields which is certainly not a good solution and will not work for proper output. But at least I can remember when I see the quote without going into notes.

Two other cases that make me wonder what others do:

alternative editions
Richard D. Altick, The Scholar Adventurers, New York: The Free Press, 1966. First ed. New York: Macmillan; London: Collier-Macmillan, 1950; republished Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 1987.
Is a note the only place to keep such information and then copy it manually to footnotes/bibliography? That is what I do.

edited and translated
Isaac Newton, Unpublished Scientific Papers of Isaac Newton, chosen, edited, and translated by A. Rupert Hall and Marie Boas Hall, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1962.
Generally it is assumed (not only in Zotero but probably all reference managers I have seen) that editor and translator are different people but in the real world she/he is (or, as in the case above, "they are") often the same and may have other functions as well. If the name is entered twice with different functions, they are also output twice which does not look nice. So, again, I put that into notes -- but maybe there are better ways to deal with that?