Citing Articles Published in Installments (CMS)

I am working on a CMS-style paper and I ran into a problem.

It seems that there is no way to specify if an article was published in installments (i.e. pt. 1, pts. 1 and 2).

For example, say there is a paper in ABC journal titled "Studies of DEF"

Another paper by the same author has the same title, but it is part 2 ("part 2" not being integrated into the title).

How do you use zotero to cite this?

I tried entering in the part in the series box in zotero, but it places the part after the journal instead of before as specified by the CMS manual, 15th ed.

Is there a workaround for this?
  • edited February 20, 2009
    Please provide a concrete example of a reference and we'll see what we can do. Series field is for journal series, not for this.
  • Here are the two references in the biliography:

Rooker, Mark F. “Genesis 1:1-3: Creation or re-creation?.” Bibliotheca sacra 149, no. 596 (1992): 411-427.
    ---. “Genesis 1:1-3: Creation or re-creation?.” Bibliotheca sacra 149, no. 595. (1992): 316-323.

The first one is part 2 and the other is part 1. They are not well differentiated here, and even less so in footnotes (it looks arbitrary when ibid is not used between the two sources).
  • This is currently not possible in Zotero--ticket added. As a workaround, you can just in include the part number in the title--it would be less confusing.
  • edited February 20, 2009
    Unfortunately, it would not be formatted correctly, since "pt. 1" is supposed to be outside the quotation marks surrounding the title.

FTR, I am using zotero 1.0.9.