My Library

The Debug ID is D2070208008.
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/changes_not_syncing

Disabling the plugin will not affect any data stored.

I don't understand why you want to "re-download" Zotero 3.0.3. For one, you should be using 3.0.7, but then any problem you describe will not be solved by using a newer Zotero version.

Beyond that, I have a hard time following what you write - if English is not your native language, what is, it might be easier for us if you write in your own language - we can cover German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, and if need be Russian and Japanese.
  • edited May 24, 2012
  • Adam was not being disrespectful, he was trying to make it easier to help you.

On Zotero.org, under My Library, when you are looking at your records, and trying to navigate to the next page, there are two buttons. There is a button that looks like ">" and a button that looks like ">|" Are you sure you're clicking the ">" button?? The ">|" button will take you to the last page, not the next page.
  • edited May 24, 2012
  • edited May 23, 2012
    1. Yes, my answer is unprofessional by definition: I'm not getting paid for it.
    2. I really could not understand well what you were writing. That makes it harder to help. Troubleshooting tech issues are hard if they're not described in very precise terms. Many of the people providing support here recognize that this is hard for many non-native speakers and offer to read posts in their native language - and many users are thankful for that - that's why we have many threads here in German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.
  • I think any one who reads Adam Smith's comment will agreed that he was unprofessional.
    No, he wasn't. You are entirely misinterpreting his response. adamsmith is a community member volunteering his time to provide free tech support for a free product, and he helps many dozens of Zotero users a day. He has no interest other than helping you as efficiently and effectively as possible. We ask non-native speakers to post in their native languages fairly regularly.
    The second problem is some of those files failed to open. The diagnosis reads, "The attached files cannot be found. It may have been moved or deleted out of Zotero."
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing

Let's deal with your issues one at a time, starting with this one.
  • edited May 24, 2012
  • Debug output has been sent to the Zotero server.

The Debug ID is D235423022.
  • What words in my posting revealed that I am not a native of the American language?
    I'm guessing it was the many grammatical errors and non-English phrasings in your writing that tipped him off.

We help thousands of users a year in these forums. It's pretty clear when people aren't native English speakers, and it's often easier—for them and for us—to help them in their native languages. There's really no need to take offense.

But since you've chosen to be confrontational, refuse to accept that people who read countless forum posts a day might be having trouble understanding your question, and seem to have a bizarre sense of entitlement regarding the free tech support being provided to you, I suspect no one here has any particular interest in helping you further. I certainly don't. Best of luck.
  • Dear dellblack,

Your opening post contains several grammatical errors, and you used some non-standard jargon (for example, the Zotero documentation uses the term "pane" instead of "toolbar" to describe the main window of the Zotero for Firefox-plugin interface). You really shouldn't be offended that these things prompted adamsmith to ask you whether you perhaps happened to be a non-native speaker of English. See also http://www.zotero.org/support/forum_guidelines#be_civil . And, as it happens, both adamsmith and I are not native speakers of English ourselves.

As for the absence of items 26 to 50, do you see these items when you are logged in into the Zotero website and visit https://www.zotero.org/dellblack/items/itemPage/2 ?
  • edited May 24, 2012
    the Debug ID is D2070208008.
  • The Debug ID is D539195476.
  • Closing since dellblack has elected to delete all messages related to this thread and provides no further actionable reporting. In the interest of supporting the research of future internet sociologists, dellblack's original comments reproduced below:

Wed, 23 May 2012 11:45:03 -0400

Support Team,

Below My Library's webpage is the total number of files that have been attached. Now, only the first twenty-five files and the last ten files are revealed when I pressed the next or previous tab. What happened to files listed from twenty-six to fifty?

Now, the Zotero 3.0.3 toolbar- downloaded as a plugin- with Firefox shows all sixty files as a abode reader PDF file attachment. The second problem is some of those files failed to open. The diagnosis reads, "The attached files cannot be found. It may have been moved or deleted out of Zotero." The files that show that error are shown in My Library's webpage, however. Many of the files listed from one to twenty-five and fifty-one to sixty support the error. On the other hand, some of those files are found and it can open. If I disable Zotero 3.0.3, I am uncertain what will happen to all sixty files stored in the Zotero's toolbar. The files are backup in My Library's webpage, so what can be recommended? Also, how will your support team assured me that files twenty-six to fifty will reappeared in My Library's webpage, as well as in Zotero's toolbar when I re-download Zotero 3.0.3? Thanks in Advanced.

---

Wed, 23 May 2012 20:21:44 -0400

Adam Smith,

Thank you for taking the time to review a concern that I have with using Zotero.

While you attempt to offer an advice, it was not helpful. Let me restate it directly: I cannot open many of my PDF files.

Also,I surely think that your colleagues at Zotero.com, as well as hundreds of academic professions who support Zotero would not appreciate such an unprofessional response. I will definitely passed on this experience to my colleagues.

Please refer to my first comment if more details are needed.

---

Wed, 23 May 2012 21:27:09 -0400

I think any one who reads Adam Smith's comment will agreed that he was unprofessional. His last statement in the post was unprofessionally stated. Why would a professional attempted to fix a problem by making a reference to the language of the text? What I have written is clearly stated. I have read other forums, in which some of Zotero's members have written their problems in incomplete sentences, and none of the support team have responded in the manner as Adam Smith has responded to my concern. He was unprofessional!

Any how, Aurimas, you have not offered any advice to fix my problem, a problem that concern important files.

Let me start over: I have sixty files saved in my online Library account. When I pressed the tabs to search through the files, only 1-25 and 51-60 is recognized. However, all sixty files are present in my toolbar. The problem is, I cannot open many of my files.

Please offer an advice to fix the problem. In the meantime, I have uncovered similar forums that addressed the exact concern.

---

Wed, 23 May 2012 23:07:28 -0400

Smith and Stillman,

What words in my posting revealed that I am not a native of the American language?

Smith made a bias comment regarding my posting. If either of you can point out to any sentences that suggest I speak French or Spanish or to which sentences are unclear,then my observation was a mistake.

The point is, Smith is wrong and needs to admit to his unprofessional behavior. And, the fact that he volunteer his time does not excuse him from writing what ever thoughts come to mind.

As I have emphasized in a previous posting, I have read other postings in which some of Zotero's members have written their concerns in incomplete sentences; yet I am been address as "Beyond that, I have a hard time following what you write - if English is not your native language, what is, it might be easier for us if you write in your own language - we can cover German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, and if need be Russian and Japanese."

If any observer read Smiths' response to my posting, he or she will agree that Smith could have written an understanding response. Not all users of Zotero are familiar with the precise language of Zotero's technology; as a result, he or she should not be prejudged.

Thus, just take my observation as a lesson learned.

Now, regarding the link http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing, I have read the article. However, it has not help repair the problem that I am experiencing with opening all files. Provide another solution, please.

---

Wed, 23 May 2012 23:34:12 -0400

Debug output has been sent to the Zotero server.

The Debug ID is D235423022.

---

Thu, 24 May 2012 00:35:12 -0400

When I pressed the link provided, I am able to recognize files twenty-six to fifty. However, when I press the previous tab, and then I press the last tab, I no longer recognized files twenty-six to fifty.

Again, the Debug ID is D2070208008. As well as, I cannot open all files. I need a better solution, please.
This discussion has been closed.