Firefox 3 compatibility

2»
  • Right now.
  • Wow, that *was* soon. I will install it!
  • Hi: I just installed FF3 RC1 and it rejected Zotero 1.0.4 as incompatible (as well as a number of other extensions). FF2, no problem and great! John
  • I just installed FF3 RC1 and it rejected Zotero 1.0.4 as incompatible (as well as a number of other extensions)
    OK, try it again.

(They updated the version number in the (not technically yet released) RC1 builds to "3.0" from the "3.0pre" that's still used for the nightlies. We've updated the update manifest to "3.0", so the current XPI should now install fine in RC1. Add-ons technically aren't supposed to specify version numbers ahead of the current version number. Firefox checks the update manifest at install time to see if there's a higher maxVersion.)
  • OK. 1.0.4 installs fine with the compatibility update from within FF3. I sure like FF3. Thanks for your assistance. John
  • **much** faster, thank you!
  • **much** faster, thank you!
    Glad to hear it. Note, though, that Zotero 1.5 will bring many additional performance improvements, so folks shouldn't think that 1.0.4 under Fx3 is as good as it gets.
  • I saw in the release announcement that FF 3 beta 5 is not recommended. I'm on Ubuntu Gutsy, supposedly RC1 will be coming out for Gutsy in the next few days. Are the problems with beta 5 sufficiently nasty (i.e. database-corrupting, etc.) that I should install from source, or is it probably OK to wait a few days?
    (FF3b5 has given me no trouble so far).

thanks, Ben Bolker
  • Are the problems with beta 5 sufficiently nasty (i.e. database-corrupting, etc.) that I should install from source, or is it probably OK to wait a few days?
    It's OK to use B5 for a few days. There's an autocomplete bug that can occur while editing fields/tags in Zotero that can break the entire Firefox UI and require you to restart, but your data should be fine.
  • Reply to Hmpf * CommentTimeMay 6th 2008

You are absolutely right. This does cause some problems. I have installed zotero and split browser in firefox on two different laptops. One of them does the problem that you pointed out.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this?
  • edited November 19, 2009
    Norfeldt: Write to the author of Split Browser. If you learn more, post it in your other thread.
This discussion has been closed.