I just installed FF3 RC1 and it rejected Zotero 1.0.4 as incompatible (as well as a number of other extensions)
**much** faster, thank you!
Are the problems with beta 5 sufficiently nasty (i.e. database-corrupting, etc.) that I should install from source, or is it probably OK to wait a few days?
(They updated the version number in the (not technically yet released) RC1 builds to "3.0" from the "3.0pre" that's still used for the nightlies. We've updated the update manifest to "3.0", so the current XPI should now install fine in RC1. Add-ons technically aren't supposed to specify version numbers ahead of the current version number. Firefox checks the update manifest at install time to see if there's a higher maxVersion.)
(FF3b5 has given me no trouble so far).
thanks, Ben Bolker
You are absolutely right. This does cause some problems. I have installed zotero and split browser in firefox on two different laptops. One of them does the problem that you pointed out.
Does anyone have an idea to solve this?