LibreOffice plugin crashes StandAlone and Firefox

Hello,

Upon citing a reference using the Zotero LibreOffice plugin, Firefox and Zotero Stand Alone crash every time. LibreOffice does not crash. Upon restarting FF/ Zotero_StandAlone, the buttons on the zotero toolbar on LO do not respond.

(Specs- Chakra Linux 2012.2 (KDE, 64-bit), LibreOffice ver. 3.4.5, Zotero 3.0.3, Zotero LO Integration 3.5.2, Firefox 10.0.2)

What I have tried so far:
Disabling other FF addons to check which plugin might be crashing FF - it's the Zotero LO integration plugin
Disabling/Enable PDF Indexing
Citing with/without the standalone running and with/without the standalone linked to FF.
Reinstalling the plugin
Reinstalling LO
Reinstalling FF using the package manager and reinstalling everything...
Installing Firefox from the official builds instead of from Chakra's repositories. (This seems to be the suggestion from th following 'stickied' post: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/21716/solved-zotero-crashes-firefox-10-on-linux/)

Thoughts:
64-bit might not be an issue 'coz it works perfectly on Ubuntu and Mint
I do not have the libreoffice-KDE integration installed, so I'm not sure if it's a KDE issue.

Here's a crash report from FF:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-9cdef372-ab92-476a-bb60-c4fc52120305

Please let me know if you need more information or have some suggestions.

Thanks and regards.
  • Hello? Anyone? ...
  • Can you try the Zotero 3.0 branch XPI in Firefox and see if that fixes the issue?
  • Thank you so much Simon! I've been trying the dev build for a few minutes and it's been running smoothly without any crashes.

So, was it at issue with the earlier version of Zotero 3.0 that I had or could it be an issue with the Libreoffice/Firefox build that I was using from Chakra's repos?

Let me know if you need any Zotero debug reports. I could reinstall the older version of Zotero & log the Zotero crash/debug reports.

Thanks again! Zotero team rocks :)
  • I have similar problem, but the Zotero 3.0 branch XPI in Firefox did not fix it. Furthermore I find using the insert citation dialog in Windows hugely more faster than under linux. Inserting a citation into a Libreoffice document with ca 200 citations takes ca one second in Windows but nearly 6-7 on linux.

Ubuntu 12.04, LibreOffice 3.5.2.2
  • meelis.friedenthal: After reproducing the crash and electing to report it, go to about:crashes and provide the report ID for the crash.

As for speed differences between Windows and Linux, I'm afraid it's unlikely there's anything we can do. The code we use on both is identical, so any differences in speed arise from Java or LibreOffice.
  • I should probably have used the word "freezes" as after inserting a footnote Zotero and firefox freeze and I have to do force quit. The report errors and debug log are empty. The error happens usually after editing a citation and then inserting it into a document. Could be related to: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/22260/zotero-standalone-30-segmentation-fault/
  • The issue in this thread and the issue in that thread are both unrelated. They would cause Zotero/Firefox to close immediately. There is no way they could produce a hang. Additionally, I'm pretty sure they were fixed in Zotero 3.0.4.

If you can generate real-time debug output for an operation that causes a hang and email it to support@zotero.org, I'll take a closer look at what's happening in your situation.
  • Thanks. Mail sent.