Delete account

Please delete my account and all associated data. Please also send me an e-mail confirmation. Thank you.
  • As a question to the developers, is there any particular reason for not including an option to delete your account in the online Zotero profile settings pages?
  • And I don't see an e-mail address to contact them other than a forum. I tried to delete it from my programs but I can't find Zotero there.
  • edited May 10, 2011
    I think it would make sense to have a delete account solution, I hope it's one of the things they consider with a website redesign. The argument has partly been the forum, i.e. that they don't want entries w/o a username, but that doesn't seem like a strong reason to me.

That said, you can delete all your data by restoring to server from an empty profile (or syncing after deleting all items in your library) and removing your data, incl. e-mail, from your online account.
    You can uninstall Zotero as a FF extension under tools--> add-ons. You'll still have to manually delete your Zotero data folder. For the SA you can just delete the program as well as the ZOtero data folder.

edit: and there is of course a good reason for the lack of e-mail: There just is no capacity at all to read, let alone respond, to e-mails.
  • I too would like to delete my account as I have setup another account that I will be using and inviting my work colleagues to join.
  • Dear Zotero team, please delete my account including all associated data. Email confirmation would be nice. Thank you.
  • Thank you for the service. However, I would like to delete my account. Can you do that please? Thank you!
  • Please delete my account and all associated data. Please also send me an e-mail confirmation. Thank you.
  • Please delete my account and all associated data. Please also send me an e-mail confirmation. Thank you.
  • I have two operating Zotero accounts. Please delete the one associated with this comment. I am taking a class that does not allow students to have two operating Zotero accounts and I cannot move forward in my class work unless my second account is closed. Please delete this account and confirm with an e-mail. I would appreciate it if you can make the deletion as quickly as possible, as I am on a scheduled deadline for my assignments and cannot proceed. Thank you.
  • asharps - I'm not associated with Zotero so I can't tell you if and when they're going to delete your account, but there is absolutely no way your instructor can tell how many Zotero accounts you have unless you use different accounts in the class itself. I would just disregard that "requirement" if it is indeed one - there are plenty of Alex/Alley/Allen/Alexandra/Aron/etc. Sharps that this account could belong to.
  • How do I delete my account?
  • edited August 2, 2011
    Please delete JLuther822 account. I do not need this program for my needs.
  • Please delete my account and all associated data immediately. Please also send me an e-mail confirmation. Thank you.
  • Please delete my delete my account and all associated data. Please also send me email confirmation. Thank you.
  • Please delete this account-- rebekahlee74-- and all associated data. I would appreciate an email confirmation. Thank you. (and is there a particular reason you don't allow users to delete their own accounts?)
  • Dear Zotero team, please delete my account including all associated data. Email confirmation would be nice. Thank you.
  • Dear Zotero team, please delete my account including all associated data. Please send me a conformation via e-mail. Thank you very much.
  • Z Team, please delete my account "SassyGurl" and ALL associated data. Please send me a confirmation via e-mail. Thank you very much. I do hope that this matter can be resolved in a professional manner. I'll be expecting a solution regarding this situation in which I can see from all the posts in these forums that I am not the only person asking to delete my account.
  • please delete my account-service no longer required, thanks
  • Please could you delete my account and all associated data.
    Thank YOU
  • Please delete my account and all associated data. Please also send me an e-mail confirmation. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.