Adding Zotero items to a Word Document when Track Changes is 'ON'

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2
Zotero 3.0b2 (Firefox 8.0)
PythonExt 111009
Zotero Word for Mac Integration 3.19

I am working on a document with a collaborator and have just found that all of the items highlighted with Track Changes disappear when a new reference is inserted. That is, the suggested changes made by the collaborator revert from colored text to black as do all of my modifications (originally in a different color) to his text. All that remains are the comments. In other words, it looks as if all of the proposed changes have been accepted when, in fact, they have not been at this point.

Can anyone reproduce this, and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks.
  • I believe you're the second person to report this - Simon promised to take a look - this is likely the result of a fix that has recently been implemented that should prevent document corruption when using track changes together with Zotero - obviously that's not working as intended for all cases.
    Currently I'm not aware of a fix, no.
  • OK, thanks. Hopefully a fix will be found soon as the only work-around right now seems to be to depart from using Zotero when making modifications. I opened a new document, added the citation(s) and created a bibliography then copied/pasted as necessary. Not too big a problem if only a few references are involved but...
  • I posted a workaround at http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/20606/zotero-mac-word-bug-all-nonzotero-tracked-changes-gone-after-zotero-refresh/#Item_3, which seems to work in my testing (although the option may be in a different place depending on what version of Word you have).
  • Thanks, I'm using Mac Word 2011. I'll give the 'workaround' a try and let you know if it works.
  • OK, I gave it a try. Things are restored if I turn TRACK CHANGES OFF the ON again.