Zotero Mac Word Bug: All non-Zotero tracked changes gone after Zotero refresh

Mac Word Integration (3.1.9) kills all currently tracked changes in the document on refresh. This is a major problem in a collaborative environment.

Specific Steps:

1) I just updated to the latest version of the Zotero Word for Mac Integration Plug-in (3.1.9),
2) restarted Word,
3) opened a document with lots of non-Zotero changes tracked,
4) disabled track-changes (but keep changes highlighted) to prevent possible Zotero issues, and
5) attempted to refresh existing Zotero citations created with the previous version of the plug in.

Problem: To my horror, all previously tracked changes were no longer tracked. Gone with no undo. Thankfully the need to restart Word meant I had just saved, since it is critical for me to show the changes to other collaborators. Problem is I can't run a bibliography update.

Additional notes:
-- due to past issues with track-changes and Zotero I have been very careful to never change Zotero fields with track changes enabled.
-- I am the only Zotero user among my collaborators and I make all of the changes to the bibilography so nothing funny there.
-- With these techniques I have successfully worked with track changes and Zotero with the same collaborators in the past.

Additional info:
OSX 10.6.8
Firefox 7.0.1
Zotero 2.1.10
Word for Mac 2011 v14.1.3 (110805)
  • Actually, it probably just hides them, but I'll look into this.
  • All of the changes are definitely still there; the problem is that it's not turning "Show Insertions and Deletions" back on after it turns it off. However, you can turn this back on yourself by going to the Review panel in Word 2011 and selecting the option from the "Show Markup" menu. We should have a fix soon.
  • edited December 11, 2011
    We just noticed this today as someone was reviewing and adding references. But as Simon posted above all works fine when manually switching back on "insertions and deletions".

Martin.