I can't solve the issue of “Word could not communicate with Zotero..." despite troubleshooting

Hello!

I can't seem to solve the issue of MS Word (mac) giving me the error: “Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure that Zotero is open and try again.” whenever I try and add a citation.

I have completed all the troubleshooting from this page:

https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#word_could_not_communicate_with_zotero_please_ensure_that_zotero_is_open_and_try_againalready

including deleting the extensions.json. and ensuring that the Word and Libreoffice plug-ins are enabled,but I still have the same problem.

Any other ideas?
  • Can you provide a Report ID from Zotero?
  • Hello!

Thanks for the reply and apologies for missing the step of generating a report ID.

I've just done it. It is 1663884523-48067

Thank you!
  • That's not a Zotero Report ID. I think that's from the Better BibTeX plugin?
  • hmm. the window that popped up after I submitted the error report says "zotero error report" across the top?

I am using JurisM and not zotero. Perhaps that makes a difference?
  • edited 14 days ago
    Oh, Jurism isn't something we can help with, sorry. (Those error reports don't go to us.)

Please be sure to always put "Jurism" in the thread title if posting about Jurism here to avoid any confusion.
  • ah ok. apologies for the confusion. I'll try and find the appropriate forum for JurisM issues.
  • (There isn't one, I'm afraid. Jurism is no longer maintained.)
  • edited 6 days ago
    Not a BBT debug ID.
  • Yes, it's from Jurism.