Issue syncing to Webdav and migrating to new WebDav server

Hi,
I was using WebDav syncing on pcloud. Today I noticed that the files weren't syncing, and I read on these forums that pcloud stopped supporting WebDav in February.
I read that the procedure to migrate to a new Webdav server is to copy the sync folder from your old server to the new one, and then link Zotero to that new folder.
Problem is: I suspect that I didn't realise that Zotero wasn't syncing for the whole of the summer. This means that a couple of months worth of papers potentially hasn't synced to my Webdav folder. Of I copy that one, I will lose months of work.
Is there an alternative way to handle the migration?
(also, incidentally: any recommendations for a new server?)
  • edited August 24, 2022
    To change WebDAV servers, all you have to do is copy the folder from one server to another and change the URL and login info in the Sync preferences.
  • edited August 24, 2022
    Thanks @dstillman . So I follow this procedure, when I next sync, the new files in my desktop library will simply be uploaded to the new server? My worry was that the library would sync back to what it was when I last successfully synced (i.e. to what's currently in the Webdav folder).

[Incidentally: since pcloud no longer works, perhaps the dedicated page should be updated, to help new users https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/webdav_services ]
  • My worry was that the library would sync back to what it was when I last successfully synced.
    No, syncing doesn't work that way.