Problems using zotero file storage

I've tried to sync and upload my librry to the zotero file storage facility over the last couple of days but keep getting this error. I'm running this from a slow internet connection, could this be connected to a time out error? Does zotero allow this sync with file storage to be paused?

Error id is 1935438 with message: Unexpected file upload status 500 in Zotero.Sync.Storage._onUploadComplete()

I'd appreciate any help,

Cheers,
Chris
  • Restart Firefox, generate a Debug ID for a sync attempt, and then post the Debug ID and another Report ID here.
  • OK,

Here is the Debug ID is D1870035330., the same thing happened, this time I saw that the upload started but didn't get beyond 1%, causing this error message

Unexpected file registration status 201 in Zotero.Sync.Storage._onUploadComplete()

The report id is: 1815294483

btw, immediately after enabling the debug ID I synced but the file storage option wasn't enabled, I think about 300 lines were logged before I changed this option and tried syncing again.

THanks for your help,

Regards,
    Chris
  • I'm still having the same problem, unable to sync to zotero file storage.

the error ID is:

Cheers,
    Chris
  • I've just generated a Debug ID for another sync attempt, if that's any use.
    The Debug ID is D2086520565.

The process seems to start ok, the total file size reduces, files increase from 0/157, to 1/157, 2/157 but then jump to 156/157 and the error results.

Second attempt error id is 437159814

Cheers,
    Chris
  • Does this persist after restarting Firefox and trying the sync a few times if necessary? We haven't been able to reproduce any problems like this, and as far as we know it's just due to transfers being interrupted due to connection glitches or similar.
  • Yes, I've just tried several times, restarting firefox between each but get an error every time. I've sent the last error message (ID 154919665 ).

The first time the "file upload status" jumped to 152/153 after less than a minute, but in subsequent attempts it began uploading and got to one file completed before the error occurred. Different error messages were shown with different attempts.

Uploads seem to start again at each sync attempt, even though one or two files appear to have uploaded, is this correct? Is it possible to enable pausing or increase the "time out" period, if it is just because the connection is not smooth.

The internet connection is not great here, but I'm able to upload and download large files (albeit slowly).

Cheers,
    Chris
  • Hi,

I'm still not able to sync files on Zotero storage, I've been trying repeatedly over the last few weeks and I still can't get past one file uploaded at a time, if that. I've reported some errors just now, ids are:

This is a shame as this feature of zotero would be a great help and I would consider buying storage too, could there be an option for zotero to restart the sync process automatically, so that this could be left running overnight, for example. Has anyone else had similar problems with low speed connections?