Does Zotero actually work with macOS 13 Beta 1?

Hi guys,

I'm actually using 6.0.9 Beta 4 with macOS 12.5 Beta 2 and it works perfectly fine (thanks for the constant hard work guys!).
As I would like to download macOS 13 Beta 1 and still need to use Zotero for my daily work, I was wondering if it actually works with that.

Thanks in advance,
Yohann
  • edited June 9, 2022
    Do you think it is a good idea to use beta software on a beta OS for your **daily** work? This doesn't sound very safe (although it might work perfectly, of course).
  • Indeed for macOS 13 it's clearly not, you're right.
    As for 12.5, as it's at macOS 12's end of lifecycle, it has been working really good so far. Plus, I'm using a second laptop with backups just in case !

Yohann
  • Well, if you have a safe machine to rely on in the case of a problem, you are 100% free to try whatever you want on the more experimental system :-D
  • Sure!

Have a nice day! ;)

Yohann
  • It’s working fine for us in Beta 1 on Intel. There was a report that it didn’t work on Apple Silicon, which would be a macOS bug, but we haven’t tested that ourselves yet:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/97653/zotero-not-working-with-macos-13-ventura-beta
  • Oh ok, I'm on Apple Silicon so I'll wait for the next Beta to see if it works.

Thanks!