Allow regular expressions in the search for PDF files

Add the option "Use regular expressions" to the other three options to search in PDFs ("Highligh all", "Match case", "Whole words") would be a very nice feature.
  • Yeah, I would also appreciate to see this feature. Is it even possible to use regex to search in pdfs at the moment?
  • It's available in the advanced search, i.e. across all PDFs. I don't think within a specific PDF, no.
  • Ah you are right, I just found it, here's a screenshot of the exact setting in the "Advanced Search" window (it is pretty hard to find):
    https://imgur.com/a/ngHlWSr
    In Zotero it is called "Regexp".
  • I remember seeing this in older versions of Zotero. I don't see it in the Zotero 7 beta (OSX): is this perhaps moved elsewhere or not yet implemented in the beta?
  • Should still be there -- looking on windows, the arrow to select regexp is now on the right of the field, not on the left (not sure that's the right design choice, but that's a different question).
    Note that it's only available for select searches -- the only one I'm certain of is "Attachment Content" contains
  • Yeah, that's not supposed to be there (and also isn't from the redesign). We'll move back to the left side.
  • Moved back to the left in Zotero 7 beta 57