Preview reference table if hovering a citation

Hey,

when hovering links, the newest version of evince is showing a preview of the position in the pdf where it would jump to if clicked. This is super helpful as we can directly see the actual reference item behind e.g. [32] without jumping there. Can we have a similar feature in Zoteros pdf viewer?

Kind regards,
Max
  • edited June 10, 2022
    Bibliographic references are not the only (internal) links in a pdf document. Figures, tables, and even sections (esp. appendix) also generate internal links, which can be followed, "jumping" from place to place in the document. A more general solution would be to have "back" and "forward" buttons to navigate the stack of visited places in the document, as available in many pdf viewers (in addition to the "next" and "previous" buttons which act only at the page level).
  • Back and Forward are in the view menu and available via standard keyboard shortcuts
  • Just saw it (in the "go" menu), thanks for the hint, it had escaped me and I was really missing the feature. Sorry for the spam, @nopx suggestion is still valuable.
  • @nopx I also posted asking for the same feature in another post. I found js code compatiable with pdf.js viewer here: https://github.com/erikscheurer/PDFRefPreview
    I have been looking to build a zotero extension with this, but it seems very difficult for me to build a plugin, I will share if I can make it though.
    As the driver code is already there, if someone familiar with zotero extension steps in it would be a lot easier. Thanks