Double Citation

I have the same article, that it's only once in my library and when I cite the same article two times in the same document zotero assumes that they are different ones and insert a completely new citation.
How can I solve this? Help :(
  • Is all the meta data the same? (Especially the name...if it is at all different it will show up as two different authors.)
  • It's the same, even in the citation they appear the same:

" iv C.A. Rabec et al., ‘Leak Monitoring in Noninvasive Ventilation’, Archivos de Bronconeumología ((English Edition)) 40, no. 11 (November 2004): 508–17, https://doi.org/10.1016/S1579-2129(06)60366-2.

ix C.A. Rabec et al., ‘Leak Monitoring in Noninvasive Ventilation’, Archivos de Bronconeumología ((English Edition)) 40, no. 11 (November 2004): 508–17, https://doi.org/10.1016/S1579-2129(06)60366-2."
  • Just checking... are all the et al.s entered the same way?
  • I believe I don't know how to see that.
    Because I only have one reference of this article in my zotero's library, so they are the same...
  • edited April 15, 2022
    Sorry. I missed the "only once in my library."

You'll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable than I to resolve this.

Edit: Oh, I suspect they will want to know what citation style you are using.
  • Thank you, just tried everything in the deleted items and the problem persists.

I made a new word and inserted the citations again and the problem still there... It must be a problem from library, right?

• Could you say more.precisely what you tried in a new document?
  • New word document, the same text, copy, paste phrase by phrase when there is a new citation I inserted with zotero, but when I cite the same article the second time, zotero assumes that's a different one, not putting again number ii, but starting a whole new number iv with the same information as the number ii.

I checked zotero knows is the same document, the attachment is the same...

Thank you so much for your patience and help! :)
  • Oh, I think you may just be misunderstanding your citation style. Try switching to Vancouver, for example.
    Footnote/endnote styles always number sequentially
  • I'm using Chicago Manual of Style - 17th edition full note. I'm using endnotes, but when I switch no footnotes the problem persists.

When I switch to Vancouver they just put numbers instead of titles, weird...
  • Use Vancouver and add a bibliography. What you want is a numeric bibliography, but endnotes