No "host" category for video/radio broadcasts

It's puzzling there is no "host" category for the names of hosts (or anchors) of radio and video broadcasts. There is for just about everything else - director, producer, guest, etc. Can one be created?
  • The larger question is, "How do the key style guides demand that the host be represented in a citation?".

At my university it was decided (for items where the identification of the host was important) that the host's name should be appended to the program name (title):
    "Talk of the Nation with Ray Suarez" or "Talk of the Nation with Juan Williams".
  • edited January 18, 2022
    CSL has recently added "host" so you can use the Extra syntax described here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/item_types_and_fields#citing_fields_from_extra
    i.e. host: Glass || Ira

It's very likely that Zotero will add host to appropriate item types (podcast, radio and TV podcast I'd assume) and once they do, they'll automatically migrate the information entered into Extra like that.

Edit: Note, though, that there is currently no citation style that actually uses the host variable, so as of now it's of limited use.