sort items in the Tag selector ?

The current Tag selector panel lists tags by name in alphabetical order. This holds true for search results as well as for the whole list.

Is it possible to list the whole list or search results according to some criterion? For instance I would find useful to sort by the last date a paper was given that keyword or number of papers that have that keyword, or other criteria people may find useful.

After having added keywords to categorize papers it is really important to be able to search using the keywords in effective ways. Sorting the results is would be really useful!
  • Is it possible to list the whole list or search results according to some criterion?
    See Sorting, Searching, and Tags in Zotero's support pages. I'd recommend setting up saved searches.
  • If your question is about sorting tags in the tag selector by, e.g., frequency, I'm afraid that's not currently possible.
  • Yes, I need to sort the tags shown in the selector, including tags shown after some search. Are you saying that is not possible? Is the underlying info just not available or it is something else?
  • It's not available in the user interface, yes.

It's technically available in the sense that virtually all queriable information is available from a database, so it would be possible to write a plugin to do this, say. I wouldn't expect it to be implemented in Zotero itself anytime soon