Says "zotero is online" but will not save citation

Hi: I am having this same problem as was raised by bluevision on November 25th 2020. This started happening after I applied the latest update to Firefox to 94.0 64 bit version.
Not sure what to do since I have lost functionality when I click on the Zotero icon.
Thanks
Hyperbola
  • Please note that according to the Add-ons manager the version is 5.0.89 updated August 9th, 2021
    Thanks
    Hyperbola
  • The current version of the Zotero Connector for Firefox is 5.0.91. You should upgrade manually and figure out why automatic updates weren't happening for you.

No particular reason that would cause this problem, so see Troubleshooting Problems Saving to Zotero if you're still having trouble after that.
  • Thanks for the quick response. It saved me a weekend of frustration. I updated to the current version of Zotero connector and everything works fine.
    I also wanted to record an interesting observation which might help others. When I click on manage extension, it opens up a new web page and in addition the Zotero icon on the toolbar changes from what looks like a blank page to the familiar "Z" symbol. When I right click on this now faint Z symbol, the prompt comes up "Zotero is online". When I exit out of managing the Zotero extension, the icon goes back to "page" display and behaves well downloading the web pages.
    Thanks