PDF reader preview: CMD+W closes Zotero instead of tab

I am on macOS 11.6 (MBP M1 2020) and Zotero 5.0.97-beta.50+5f61ac23a.

The new PDF reader introduces tabs. Switching between them works as expected by convention (Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab). Pressing CMD+W (per convention this should close the tab) closes the entire Zotero window instead. This should be changed (I don't see much use for the existing shortcut to be honest, CMD+Q closes the app).
  • Cmd-W should close the currently open tab, unless only the last library tab is open, in which case it will close the window — that's standard behavior for tabbed apps.

If you're seeing something different, can you take a screen recording using the built-in Screenshot app, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and post a link here? (You can capture just the tab section of the screen using Screenshot.)
  • @dstillman: This currently happens after interacting with the right-hand Item pane in the PDF reader:

- Click the "Add" button in the "Tags" tab.
    - Press the Escape key.
    - Ctrl+W
    - The Zotero desktop program quits.

- Click the "Title" field in the "Info" tab.
    - Press the Enter key.
    - Ctrl+W
    - The Zotero desktop program quits.
  • A workaround is to click the PDF before using Ctrl/Cmd-W.
  • @dstillman I was just about to report that I can't reproduce the issue anymore, but I guess I ran in one of the situations @qqbb describes. This seems to be a bug.
  • The issue will be fixed in the next update.