Report ID # : 194647096

Bonjour,


Je ne parviens plus à lancer une citation. Ayant parcouru le forum, j’ai effectué toutes les étapes indiquées sur cette page : https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/debugging_broken_documents pour résoudre le problème correspondant au message d’erreur qui s’affiche après de très longues minutes : « Zotero a rencontré une erreur lors de la mise à jour de votre document. »

L’installation de la version Beta disponible en suivant ce lien : https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/91449/add-ons-broken-in-the-latest-beta-version-bbt-zutilo-etc#latest
n’a pas non plus résolu le problème.

Le rapport d’erreurs est le suivant :
[JavaScript Error: ʺFrame not found, or missing host permissionʺ {file: undefined}]


-----

Hello,

I can no longer throw a quote. Having browsed the forum, I have done all the steps on this page: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/debugging_broken_documents, to solve the problem corresponding to the error message that appears after very long minutes (~15 min): "Zotero encountered an error while updating your document."

The installation of the Beta version available by following this link: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/91449/add-ons-broken-in-the-latest-beta-version-bbt-zutilo-etc#latest, also did not solve the problem.

The error report is as follows:
[JavaScript Error: ʺFrame not found, or missing host permissionʺ {file: undefined}]


Regards,
  • See the last step on the Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents page, which explains how to isolate and/or fix the problem and provide us with a document excerpt to fix any persistent problem that exists.

    Your Report ID also doesn't contain any errors, though — make sure you're submitting that after the error occurs and before restarting Zotero.
  • I had already tried this solution and tried it again today, but did not get complete satisfaction. Indeed, when I delete one or more parts whatever they are, it works again, but I have not managed to isolate the defective citation(s) since it works again as soon as I delete any part.

    On the other hand, as soon as I use the entire document again, I can no longer insert a citation regardless of the part and style since I also tried to change styles of notes and bibliography. Even after disabling the update, the citation insertion becomes extremely slow again and the tab never appears.

    Here is the error reporting:

    [JavaScript Error: "Win error 2 during operation open on file C:\Users\TheaJ\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\evyu0t72.default\session.json (Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.)"]
    version => 5.0.97-beta.46+4cfa23050, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => fr-FR, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.97-beta.46+4cfa23050, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.25.SA.5.0.97-beta.46+4cfa23050, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.19.SA.5.0.97-beta.46+4cfa23050, extension)

    Report ID : 1911550420

    PS: by typing Alt+F9, the code fields appear, but how to recognize the problematic citation(s)?
  • How large is the document?
  • 2,30Mo after I deleted the bibliography etc.
  • How many pages and citations?
  • There are a total of 765 pages. The number of citations depends on each part because the counter starts from scratch with each new part. Thus, the first has 880, the second and the third, 780 each.
  • That's a pretty big document.

    Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a refresh that results in an error?
  • edited 5 days ago
    Indeed, however, I tried to insert a citation into another document of similar size and it works.

    Here is the debug ID# after I tried to insert a citation: D1541589447.
    I didn't get an error message this time, but the process is extremely slow (~20 minutes per citation).

    Here is the debug ID# after I restarted the app with logging enabled and refreshed all the citations in Word: D395335247.
  • It seems that you have nearly 2000 citations. That is the primary reason why it takes a lot of time. That's just a lot of citations for Zotero to update, but even then, in the Debug ID that you have submitted the full refresh took 4 and a half minutes, which is quite fast for a document of your size. You may want to disable automatic citation updates in Zotero document preferences which should improve the performance.
  • edited 2 days ago
    I had already disabled the automatic update of citations, including during error reports whose numbers were indicated in my previous message.

    However, I just tried with an old file containing more than 800 pages (2.17 Mo) and more than 2400 notes, with the same system of return to zero with each new part.

    When I inserted a note anywhere in the document, it was not particularly long at all (approx. 50 seconds).

    Here is the debug ID# for the refresh of that document : D997996857.
  • I don't know what to tell you here. Based on your debug IDs:
    Updating the problematic document to insert a citation took 135s, updating the problematic document with a refresh took 154s and updating this other non-problematic document with a refresh took 112s. So these all seem to be at a fairly similar speed. Although based on the debug ID for the problematic document it doesn't look like automatic citation updates are disabled, since it's scanning the whole doc for the update.

    Also, the document is so large that the beginning of the debug log gets trimmed due to size limits, so I don't know if I'm missing anything at the beginning of processing. But if you're talking about the time it takes from the time you confirm in the citation dialog, then at least based on Debug IDs both of these documents are performing at a very similar speed.
Sign In or Register to comment.